Hi,

In 2013 I bought a keichosaurus fossil from online , and since then I haven't thought much of it, after me and my mum and dad moved to a new apartment the fossil got somewhat forgotten, but today I tried inspecting it. I read some of the treads here but even with this I can't decide if mine is a real or a fake one. From what I have gathered there aren't many outright fakes, but more so real ones that are enhanced.

I will be glad to hear your opinion on the pictures (sorry for the poor quality but I  had to use my phone). Any response will be very much appreciated.

Best regards to everybody.

Screenshot_20200113-204750.png

Screenshot_20200113-204758.png

Screenshot_20200113-204803.png

Screenshot_20200113-204807.png

I'm no expert in any sense of the word, but that spine has seen better days. Looks like it was possibly puttied over or just butchered during prep, then repaired & the fingers are almost non existent. I'm thinking real, just prepped too aggressively. But that's me. Others with more knowledge will be along eventually to give a better opinion. 

• I found this Informative 1

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

The fossil is real but very much eroded during acid and mechanical preparation.  The bones were worn off and the digits were mostly gone.

• I found this Informative 1