New to group

Jake.parmenter

Hi guys was wondering if this looks authentic? What would be a fair price to sell as? Dimensions are 25cm by 15cm. Kindest regards,

Jake

39BDAF28-3166-4E70-BA45-4842856DF8E8.png

Topic moved to "Is it Real...?" subforum.

Please understand that, as per Forum rules, we cannot provide valuations or appraisals. We can, however, provide our opinions on the authenticity of the specimen. You will likely need to show us more images, so do please request more from the seller (if this is an item you do not own and are seeking to purchase). If the seller will not provide these, then said seller may lose a customer. ;) 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Do you happen to have more photos of this? It looks like an actual specimen, but it definitely looks like some parts have been painted (some parts look a fair bit darker than the rest of the specimen). 

But if you can put in some more high res photos, that would definitely help.

• I found this Informative 1

An acid and mechanically prepped specimen.  Rather overly prepped such that the bones are worn off.  As to whether it is painted in some parts or not, you would need photos of a higher resolution to tell for sure but I don't think it is painted, the colour difference is likely to be a result of acid prepping.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks for the replies!!! Yes i am hoping to buy i will request more photos to run by you guys first! May i say what an amazing forum this is and thanks so much for your answers.

Definitely does look a bit overdone, and it appears that one of the right ribs were broken off the animal and the fossilised. Can't say I've seen that before!

That said, although it is most likely a real specimen, it isn't a high quality one, and I personally would wait until a better one came along (depending on your price range).