First time at Brownies Beach.

Searcher78

It was a nice day for shark tooth hunting with another TFF member. I was hoping for larger teeth, but it was mostly small teeth.

6CEC607E-ACAF-4745-AB0D-6509E9E36D4A.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

Looks like you had a good haul for your first time at that particular spot. Good job! :thumbsu:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

1 hour ago, Searcher78 said:

It was a nice day for shark tooth hunting with another TFF member. I was hoping for larger teeth, but it was mostly small teeth.

6CEC607E-ACAF-4745-AB0D-6509E9E36D4A.jpeg

Had a blast. Look forward to hunting again with you soon!

• I found this Informative 1

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like a nice day. Both times I’ve been to Brownies I’ve had similar finds. I enjoy the small teeth, so I enjoyed myself both times immensely. Lots of ray plates when I went both times as well (almost more than I felt like collecting!). Did you sift or surface collect? I did much better using a small sifter and a gardening trowel than I did surface collecting. Probably my favorite thing there are the fossils you can’t really take away: the huge bivalve colonies preserved as impressions on the soft ‘rocks,’ the delicately fossilized plants revealed by erosion that crumble away, etc. It means you are seeing something new every time you go. A very cool place. 

16 hours ago, NCPhilip said:

Looks like a nice day. Both times I’ve been to Brownies I’ve had similar finds. I enjoy the small teeth, so I enjoyed myself both times immensely. Lots of ray plates when I went both times as well (almost more than I felt like collecting!). Did you sift or surface collect? I did much better using a small sifter and a gardening trowel than I did surface collecting. Probably my favorite thing there are the fossils you can’t really take away: the huge bivalve colonies preserved as impressions on the soft ‘rocks,’ the delicately fossilized plants revealed by erosion that crumble away, etc. It means you are seeing something new every time you go. A very cool place. 

I use a small sifter. I found about half the teeth on the surface though.

• I found this Informative 1