Alabama Trackway

Righteous

Went back for the final piece today. After thinking about it all night I knew I wanted to add it to the collection. Thanks to @FossilsNS for his help. 
this is a another alabama coal mine fine but not the same as the ferns I posted.

Beautiful trackway with all the little prints going across it. This is awesome since this was made by something that was alive 300 million years ago. 

5FFC07D0-9354-4702-ABD5-BDF754BF56CE.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

Right on!  That's a good one.  I like how you include the little lizard to add reference of what the maker's cousin may look like.

• I found this Informative 2

Wow, I think that was worth it! Those prints are so clear and distinct, that piece has real character.

Spectacular!

What do you mean 'final piece'? Is there another thread you made about this, and is there more to the plate? If they're about the same topic/fossil it would make sense to have it all in one thread.

I assume this is Pennsylvanian like the ferns etc..?

4 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Spectacular!

What do you mean 'final piece'? Is there another thread you made about this, and is there more to the plate? If they're about the same topic/fossil it would make sense to have it all in one thread.

I assume this is Pennsylvanian like the ferns etc..?

You would assume correct. Final piece is in reference to where it came from. I have enough ferns, etc and the trackway just topped it all off. I’ll look for different Alabama fossils now. I do have few nice pieces of Crinoids Zeacrinites) coming today that are from Alabama as well. 

Ah, got it. Well it's an excellent trackway. I've never seen so many clear vertebrate footprints on one piece, and the age makes it extra special, in my mind.

1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

Good idea!

Where did you get the case?

Got it at Hobby Lobby. They had them on sale for killer prices. 

Was able to identify what make the tracks this evening. They have named two different species of coal lizards. This one by his tracks is a 

Attenosaurus Subulensis. The two lizards make two entirely different tracks and this trackway shows this one being a very young one. Front and back feet are the same. On the other one which is called Nanopus Reidiae and it’s front feet are smaller then the back ones

• I found this Informative 1

• 1 year later...