Peace River Vertebrates - Jaw with dentition, vertebra, tooth/antler

Bone Daddy

My wife and I found these yesterday and I need some assistance ID'ing them. These were all found near Zolfo Springs Florida, Peace River, Bone Valley formation.

1) is a tiny vertebra

2) is an oddball that I cannot decide if it is a chunk of tooth enamel/dentin, or a partial claw or tooth of some kind.

3) is a partial jaw with a tooth in it.

4) is an oddball that I cannot decide if it is an antler tine or a tooth of some sort.

5) is a partial vertebra with a pattern on one end than might be diagnostic (or not).

First up, the tiny vert :

minivert-1.JPG

minivert-2.JPG

minivert-3.JPG

minivert-4.JPG

#4, my first thought was deer tine, but it seems small for that. The last photo shows the hollow-ish core (sorry out of focus).

toothantler.JPG

toothantler-2.JPG

toothantler-3.JPG

Last bonus item, what is this botyroidal mineral cluster? It looked a lot more translucent when wet. It's uglier now that it's dry.

bot-1.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

1st one looks like snake vertebra, 3rd seems me herbivorous rodent, lagomorphe (rabbit ?) ?

Coco

• I found this Informative 2

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

8 minutes ago, Harry Pristis said:

My best guesses:

1.  snake vert.

2.  tiny frag of mammoth enamel plate

3.  rabbit

4.  Gavialosuchus tooth

5.  unkn.

6.  unkn.

Thanks Harry! This is my first Gavialosuchus that I am aware of. I need to go back through my boxes of oddballs and see if I have any more of them. They might have been mistaken for small antler tines. The snake vert is nifty - I wish I could finder larger verts with that level of intact detail on them. And poor little bunny rabbit - he strayed too close to a predator.  :)

Thanks again Harry for all your help in the forums ID'ing stuff! 

2 hours ago, Bone Daddy said:

botyroidal

Look at this Thread....

#5 more likely Dolphin.... 

• I found this Informative 2

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Bone Daddy, 

Glad you were able to get to the river! You made some great finds.  I agree on that snake vert, it is nicely clean and detailed.

Hi,

10 hours ago, Coco said:

1st one looks like snake vertebra, 3rd seems me herbivorous rodent, lagomorphe (rabbit ?) ?

Coco

And me ? :whistle:

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

8 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

And me ? :whistle:

Coco

Hi Coco! I didn't mean to forget you. I just noticed your reply above and I must have missed it because it appeared around the same time Harry's did. I have learned a lot from both of you and your informative posts. :DOH: :thumbsu:

16 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

Look at this Thread....

#5 more likely Dolphin.... 

I have found a few of those agatized/chalcedony masses with similar botyroidal crystals and my wife found a nice one on our last trip. They look really nice when you first pull them out of the water. They have a translucency to them that reminds me of calcite or aragonite, but that effect vanishes as the specimen dries out. When it's dry, it has an appearance that could be described as "moldy" - whitish and greenish patchs with browns. They don't appear to be formed in the same way that the translucent pieces of replacement casts we see that are clearly from seashells - those have been the subject of other threads.

I may try cleaning them with something to improve their appearance.

13 hours ago, PODIGGER said:

Bone Daddy, 

Glad you were able to get to the river! You made some great finds.  I agree on that snake vert, it is nicely clean and detailed.

I love a good vert, regardless of size. The next time I have my stash boxes and oddball boxes out, I will take out all of the little verts I have and snap a group photo of them. Must of them have never been ID'ed.

33 minutes ago, Bone Daddy said:

Hi Coco! I didn't mean to forget you. I just noticed your reply above and I must have missed it because it appeared around the same time Harry's did. I have learned a lot from both of you and your informative posts. :DOH: :thumbsu:

:SlapHands:

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...