Coral/Crinoid/plant or animal?

Ruger9a

Here's a mystery fossil I purchased at a yard sale.  It has s few strange looking objects on it.  I'm not sure if it's coral, crinoid, plant or animal.  Anyone know?

DSCN9540 (2).JPG

DSCN9539 (2).JPG

DSCN9537 (2).JPG

DSCN9535 (2).JPG

DSCN9543 (2).JPG

Rugose coral - maybe two species. The first two photos are of a tangential section, showing that this one has large horizontal tabulae going across it.

• I found this Informative 3

Tarquin

20 minutes ago, TqB said:

Rugose coral - maybe two species. The first two photos are of a tangential section, showing that this one has large horizontal tabulae going across it.

Thank you Tarquin for your immediate response and identification.  I was sure it contained coral but I've not seen one like this before.  I was speculating the first two photos might be some sort of crinoid.  Do you think I should continue to prep this or leave it as is?  Respectfully awaiting you advice/recommendations.

11 hours ago, Ruger9a said:

Thank you Tarquin for your immediate response and identification.  I was sure it contained coral but I've not seen one like this before.  I was speculating the first two photos might be some sort of crinoid.  Do you think I should continue to prep this or leave it as is?  Respectfully awaiting you advice/recommendations.

If it were mine, I'd basically leave it but perhaps try to finish the end sections of the protruding corallites by polishing - it's nearly there already.

Tarquin