fossilsonwheels

Carter and I began work on a website for Fossils on Wheels which is pretty exciting for us. Our primary goal with the website will be giving teachers a chance to learn more about what we do and to be able to see what we do. We have three shark programs next week at Paradise Ridge which we can photograph/video and two dinosaur programs in early February in Yuba City that we can also photograph. We will also have testimonials from teachers that should let people know that we are pretty good at what we do. We hope to be able to make it easier for teachers and/or institutions to book programs via a calendar.  It looks like we will be launching a week from today after we have some video. We will let you all know what it is up and running !!

In another news, we are heading up to Paradise next week as I mentioned for the first program will be doing with our new shark fossils that expand the timeline and new science that I have worked hard on studying. This is pretty much the shark program I was hoping to have. We can cover shark evolution as it is currently understood, show kids even older shark fossils, and get way deeper into adaptations than before. I am really super excited about this and have worked extra hard to make sure every fact is checked and that we provide the best possible program we can. These kids have already had dinosaur programs so they know us and we know them which makes this extra special. These kids will also be getting additional fossils to take home. I think we are over 1400 bags of fossils given away but it turns out it is really pretty hard to keep track of since we give them away outside of classrooms too lol

We are staying busy and I think our hard work is paying off in the form of stronger programs and better ways for teachers to see what we do :)

• I found this Informative 16

1 hour ago, goatinformationist said:

Hold fast and stay the course.. :thumbsu:

Thank you and we will. 

I'm happy to see how well your program is going, Kurt.  Well done!

:meganim:

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

1 hour ago, Pagurus said:

I'm happy to see how well your program is going, Kurt.  Well done!

:meganim:

Thank you very much ! It is going pretty well and I am having the time of my life working my son :)

• I found this Informative 1

I love seeing updates on how your program is doing. My hats off to you for doing what you do! Congrats on the website and keep up the good work!:tiphat:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

54 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

I love seeing updates on how your program is doing. My hats off to you for doing what you do! Congrats on the website and keep up the good work!:tiphat:

Well thank you very much. We should have some good updates with pictures over the next two weeks !!!!