Bonanzacarpum sprungerorum "CONFIRMED"

Ruger9a

I just received confirmation from Professor Steven R. Manchester, Curator of Paleobotany Florida Museum of Natural History, that I do in fact have Bonanzacarpum sprungerorum!  Special thanks to doushantuo's post (additions to paleocarpological knowledge:The Eocene) that restarted my identification quest and Paleoflor for encouraging me to pursue it.  And TTF for giving me the venue to request identification assistance.

DSCN4000 (2).JPG

DSCN4001 (2).JPG

DSCN4004 (2).JPG

DSCN4007 (2).JPG

• I found this Informative 9

Nice to have confirmation.  :) 

The original ID post is HERE.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Bonanzacarpum sprungerorum "CONFIRMED"

Very cool to get a confirmation like that. Congrats and well done! :thumbsu:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Thanks guys.  Every time I looked at this fossil it was like a splinter to me.  Because of it's beauty it was one of the few fossils I had on display without a confirmed ID.  I'm not sure about the rarity, so I plan to discuss it with Professor Steven R. Manchester to determine it's disposition.  Thanks to TTF and it's knowledge base it may find a new home where everyone can appreciate it.      

Very nice to see the amateurs and the professionals interfacing well together. I don't know about the rarity of this taxon but from skimming the recent scientific paper describing it I can see that it has a restricted geographic and stratigraphic range so they might be relatively rare. Let us know if this one ends up in a scientific collection.

Cheers.

-Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.  Waiting on the required donation paperwork to arrive.  Will provide full details when all actions have been completed. 

3 hours ago, Ruger9a said:

Will provide full details when all actions have been completed. 

We'd love to hear updates on the continuing saga of this specimen.

When you've completed your donation, don't forget to add a post to the donation topic so you can be recognized as a Paleo Partner. :)

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/91906-fossil-contributions-to-paleontology-the-gallery/

Cheers.

-Ken