I have recently been looking at some of my photos from trips and found photos of when I was in Alberta in 2018. I saw a photo of a Hadrosaur footprint from a trackway in Dinosaur Provincial Park that me and my brother found. I also read not to long ago that no big trackways have been found in this area so I decided to give the information and location to the Palaeontologist at the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta. I was responded by Dr. Caleb Brown, he told me that I was most likely right and it was probably Hadrosaur. I am currently waiting for him to reply again to see what he thinks about the other information of the trackway and footprint that I gave him. :D

One of the footprints outlined in the photo with pen.

D3F6C765-3EAB-47D6-8394-E0FA6142D8BB.jpeg

• I found this Informative 13
  • Enjoyed 1

Congratulations always nice ro contribute to science.  Do you happen to have a photo of the trackway? How long is it?

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you @Troodon!! Sorry don’t have photos of the other tracks, I might, I will have to check later. And not sure how long the trackway was specifically but it was at least over 70 feet I would say about 150 feet in total. But also some were hard to spot I saw a bunch of circles and my family asked me what the circles could be. I didn’t know until later a few minutes I found good footprints and those circles ended up being the impressions of the footprints heel.

Congratulations very cool . You should get frame up an nice quality print of that track for your room.  :D

23 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

Never made a contribution like this before!! 

Many of us haven’t been able to contribute like this, even after years of hunting. You should be proud! Congratulations! 
:yay-smiley-1:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

On 1/22/2020 at 8:03 PM, dinosaur man said:

I have recently been looking at some of my photos from trips and found photos of when I was in Alberta in 2018. I seen a photo of a Hadrosaur footprint from a trackway in Dinosaur Provincial Park that me and my brother found. I also read not to long ago that no big trackways have been found in this area so I decided to give the information and location to the Palaeontologist at the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta. I was responded by Dr. Caleb Brown, he told me that I was most likely right and it was probably Hadrosaur. I am currently waiting for him to reply again to see what he thinks about the other information of the trackway and footprint that I gave him. :D

One of the footprints outlined in the photo with pen.

D3F6C765-3EAB-47D6-8394-E0FA6142D8BB.jpeg

Congrats on the amazing find and contribution!:yay-smiley-1:

• I found this Informative 2

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

10 hours ago, Thecosmilia Trichitoma said:

Congrats on the amazing find and contribution!:yay-smiley-1:

Thank you!!

On 2020-01-26 at 12:20 PM, grandpa said:

Very impressive my young friend; persistence pays off! :yay-smiley-1:

Thank you @grandpa!!

Caleb has just replied and said that they will check for them the next time they have field crew in the park!! 

• 3 months later...

Here’s another photo I found of a photo of the same trackway.

0015B1C1-0B1B-4CDE-AFAA-DE63A5F891FF.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

Wow! Those trackways are like Mazon Creek concretions--you need to know what you are looking at or you can't see what is before your eyes. If someone showed me the photo above with no context and asked me what it was picturing I'd assume the indentations were mere solution holes and nothing more. You really have to have the proper search image or you are lost trying to discover new trackways.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, digit said:

Wow! Those trackways are like Mazon Creek concretions--you need to know what you are looking at or you can't see what is before your eyes. If someone showed me the photo above with no context and asked me what it was picturing I'd assume the indentations were mere solution holes and nothing more. You really have to have the proper search image or you are lost trying to discover new trackways.

Cheers.

-Ken

Yeah, at first I didn’t even realize they where footprints!  And thank you!

Oh wow! If you ever come back to dino park area you should show me this, I’d love to see it in person. I live really close to Dino park. 

5 hours ago, musicnfossils said:

Oh wow! If you ever come back to dino park area you should show me this, I’d love to see it in person. I live really close to Dino park. 

Thank you!  And I might be going back possibly next year, I’ll see if I can show you whenever I come out.

11 hours ago, Pemphix said:

Nice trackway !

Impressive !

Thank you!

• 4 months later...

I haven’t given an update on this recently but Caleb Brown checked these out and it is confirmed, it is a Hadrosaur trackway!!

• I found this Informative 3

35 minutes ago, bcfossilcollector said:

Congratulations!  An amazing discovery!

Thank you!  It was amazing to discover them!

• 1 month later...