Stunning Alabama Coral

Righteous

I thought the pics of it were nice but now that it’s in my hand it is absolutely stunning. 
Acrocyathus sp. Tuscumbia Limestone 

Blount County Alabama, found in a cow pasture 

2C8959D6-ACF4-4036-9E23-16744492BC09.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

31 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Should I spray it with something to kill the moss growing on it ?

You could place it in a caustic soda solution and once that has done its work loosening up the moss, you can give it a good spray with a high pressure cleaner. If there's anything left over you can use tweezers to get it out. You can also get sprays on chlorine basis in the paint section of your local hardware store for removing mold . I've never tried them on moss, but I know they work well on mold, which has a similar composition.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

You're right, it is stunning!  What a great find.  Let us see if you find anything else - besides cow patties;-)

1 hour ago, Righteous said:

thought the pics of it were nice but now that it’s in my hand it is absolutely stunning. 

I agree. The previous pics in your ID request were nice, but didn’t do it justice!
:wub:

Congrats on the spectacular acquisition! 

:yay-smiley-1:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Took a light and went over it with a dental pick and a old tooth brush and got all the moss off as well as dirt in the impressions. 

Use a strong household bleach solution to lighten and loosen the lichen and molds. Then brush with plastic bristle brush.

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.