Bipedal Sauropods!

Scylla

That would make complete sense from a mechanical standpoint. I know I use my "forelimbs" for masking in shallow water as it provides a bit more control to stop in place, pivot, etc., rather than relying on the breaststroke or treading in place. For a sauropod, it would reduce the amount of downward neck craning needed to get at food along the sea bottom, as they could just tip along the front axis, taking advantage of the shift in their centre of mass (I'm thinking of those perpetual drinking birds :P ).

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

2 minutes ago, Kane said:

That would make complete sense from a mechanical standpoint. I know I use my "forelimbs" for masking in shallow water as it provides a bit more control to stop in place, pivot, etc., rather than relying on the breaststroke or treading in place. For a sauropod, it would reduce the amount of downward neck craning needed to get at food along the sea bottom, as they could just tip along the front axis, taking advantage of the shift in their centre of mass (I'm thinking of those perpetual drinking birds :P ).

Did they (do you) wear flippers too?

2 minutes ago, Scylla said:

Did they (do you) wear flippers too?

:P 

(And, no, I don't wear flippers -- my feet are flippers :D ). 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer