Meg tooth

RyanS

I am looking to get a big Megalodon tooth and I’m looking for help on if this is a good price. It is 6.07 inches long and 4 and a half wide. It is not repaired or restored. The asking price is ..., is that a good deal? Thankyou

C1FA6286-31E5-4B48-96F4-F37C460A8C28.jpeg

Edited by JohnJ
Price removed

Discussing price on the forum is a bit taboo, I can only tell you that a good price is whatever you'd be happy paying ;) I wouldn't be too surprised if it's restored (lots of big megs are) it tends to be difficult to tell from pictures however, some restoration is very sleek and well done. I'd say however if there is restoration it's probably not very extensive; the enamel is peeling, the bourlette is a bit washed out and there's a small chip in the blade. I would think that if someone was restoring the tooth they'd fix all these things.

• I found this Informative 1

Your welcome. If your curious about price (understandable, lots of people overcharge on the internet) my suggestion would be to look online for what fossils of a particular nature have sold for in the past. I hope you find a nice meg and feel fre to ask the forum about authenticity or restoration, we have some very knowledgable members! 

• I found this Informative 1