My new fossil room and library!

thelivingdead531

Thanks for showing us your lovely new room. It's so neat and uncluttered. I wonder if it will stay that way. In my house it surely would not.  I keep squeezing more and more onto my shelves and they look awful at the moment. I'll try to use your room as an inspiration to get a little more organized. It's not one of my strengths, though. Congratulations on your new space! 

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Hi,

Nice Candace ! A relaxing and pleasant place.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

16 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Thanks for showing us your lovely new room. It's so neat and uncluttered. I wonder if it will stay that way. In my house it surely would not.  I keep squeezing more and more onto my shelves and they look awful at the moment. I'll try to use your room as an inspiration to get a little more organized. It's not one of my strengths, though. Congratulations on your new space! 

Only time will tell! I’m trying my best to keep it neat, but I still have 3.75 years left here so who knows. :shrug: There are still a lot of pieces that need to be displayed, and of course there are many more I want!

8 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hi,

Nice Candace ! A relaxing and pleasant place.

Coco

Thank you! It is very calming to sit and look at everything. 

58 minutes ago, Masp said:

@thelivingdead531 love the fossils and wonderful display! Excellent job! I also believe that a fossil collection should be accompanied by a good book collection. :tiphat:

Thank you, I feel the two almost go hand in hand. Even if only because they are my two favorite things.

49 minutes ago, Randyw said:

Love the room and the displays! Everything looks great!

Thank you!

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, thelivingdead531 said:

I will! We’ve been trying to make plans to go explore but they’ve always fallen through. Are you there most days?

mon - fri but not much in the summer.  I spend a lot of time in the field.  PM here if you get a chance to come up

Excellent Mioplosus you have there! Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection of fish!

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

On 1/28/2020 at 5:56 PM, jpc said:

mon - fri but not much in the summer.  I spend a lot of time in the field.  PM here if you get a chance to come up

Will do! I look forward to meeting you in the future!

On 1/29/2020 at 7:53 AM, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

Excellent Mioplosus you have there! Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection of fish!

Thank you! My fish are my favorites!

On 1/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, Pagurus said:

I keep squeezing more and more onto my shelves and they look awful at the moment. I'll try to use your room as an inspiration to get a little more organized. It's not one of my strengths, though. 

Oh stop the belly aching!  You complain about the lack of space, think how that hermit crab in your avatar feels!!!  ;)

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Oh stop the belly aching!  You complain about the lack of space, think how that hermit crab in your avatar feels!!!  ;)

5e339bb53e3c8_toosmall.jpg.cd8b3d1d2c5f89a08c38b4a6a8ddc7e9.jpg

Yeah, I'm always complaining about something. :DOH:   My mother always told me to stop the kvetching.

I had even less space for fossils in the little apartment I lived in when I drew this. We were living over a grocery store, with a newborn son, a crib and a mattress on the floor. It was time to load up the pickup (Albatross, or Albie, for short) and hit the road.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well, it only took nearly a year to hang five pictures but I finally did it today! I am over the moon with how great these prints from @Bobby Rico look in my fossil room! :wub: Now if I can get rid of the clutter, which will probably take me another year, I'll be set until we move again! :heartylaugh:

20201108_162215.thumb.jpg.90849e1d3eb03a376c66ef9bba065ad5.jpg

• I found this Informative 11

Bobby does some amazing work! Looks good on your walls, Candace! 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Looks great! Bobby’s artwork really finishes off your fossil room. :b_love1:

I like @Kane’s quote too. I remember that one. :heartylaugh:  

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Thanks all I think it is an honour to be featured in your fossils room. They look very nicely framed too. As an artist it is j nice to see your work is appreciated . Good cabinet as well.

Stay safe all Bobby 

• I found this Informative 4

When in Wyoming, why go to Tate Museum when you have Candace's home??? Very nice collection, well combined with other features from your life! I assume you own a dachshund??? One other question, how is the book "Dark Matter and Dinosaurs"? I love astrophysics and the title intrigues me.

Mike

Thank you for the kind words everyone! It’s my little slice of happiness.

11 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

I like @Kane’s quote too. I remember that one. :heartylaugh:

I still crack up when I see it! It was too perfect not to feature it in my room.

9 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Thanks all I think it is an honour to be featured in your fossils room. They look very nicely framed too. As an artist it is j nice to see your work is appreciated . Good cabinet as well.

Stay safe all Bobby 

Thank you Bobby for sharing your art with the forum. I’m honored to have it hanging in my room. I love collecting original artwork along with fossils. There is something satisfying about supporting artists. 

3 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

When in Wyoming, why go to Tate Museum when you have Candace's home??? Very nice collection, well combined with other features from your life! I assume you own a dachshund??? One other question, how is the book "Dark Matter and Dinosaurs"? I love astrophysics and the title intrigues me.

Mike

I’m not sure my room is nearly as grand as the Tate Museum, but it is lovely if I do say so myself. I’ve had dachshunds all my life, sadly our last one passed away in 2013 and since our American Bulldog doesn’t take well to other dogs now we’re waiting for a bit to get another dachshund. As for the book, I bought it and then sidetracked myself with various projects and forgot about it, so I haven’t read it yet. I should probably do that.