Jump to content
thelivingdead531

My new fossil room and library!

Recommended Posts

Bobby Rico

Very nice room Candace. I remember when you joined the forum , your collection has definitely really grown . Enjoy your beautiful room . All the best Bobby 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fossildude19

Looks pretty amazing to me, Candace!  :wub:   

Great collection, displays and design!

 

 

Close ups of the cases, please! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Feather

Looks wonderful, thank you for sharing!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Beautiful, Candace, quite beautiful. :wub:

Puts mine to shame. 

That's a display area to be proud of. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
connorp

Very well organized!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gizmo

Very nice, congrats!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
27 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Very nice room Candace. I remember when you joined the forum , your collection has definitely really grown . Enjoy your beautiful room . All the best Bobby 

Thank you! I have plenty more fossils that haven't been displayed yet...I think I need a bigger room already! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
29 minutes ago, White Feather said:

Looks wonderful, thank you for sharing!!!

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Beautiful, Candace, quite beautiful. :wub:

Puts mine to shame. 

That's a display area to be proud of. 

 

Thank you! I'm sure your display is amazing and beautiful! 

24 minutes ago, connorp said:

Very well organized!

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Very nice, congrats!  :)

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
1 hour ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Thank you!

Thank you! I'm sure your display is amazing and beautiful! 

Thank you!

Thank you!

It's nasty and squalid, but thank you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sharkdoctor

What a lovely space and great displays! I hope you have many a fruitful and restful hour pondering fossils and such in your new room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caldigger

The only book you really need!  All the rest just take up space that can display more fossils. ;)

20200128_110356.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
11 minutes ago, sharkdoctor said:

What a lovely space and great displays! I hope you have many a fruitful and restful hour pondering fossils and such in your new room.

Thank you! It will be nice to sit with a hot cup of tea or coffee on the many cold winter days in here. 

 

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

The only book you really need!  All the rest just take up space that can display more fossils. ;)

20200128_110356.png

:default_rofl: I always knew Jurassic Park had all the answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darktooth

Absolutely stunning! Geez I got all excited over getting a new cabinet, and you get a whole room to yourself! Not fair!:envy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
3 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Absolutely stunning! Geez I got all excited over getting a new cabinet, and you get a whole room to yourself! Not fair!:envy:

I saw your new cabinet and I was jealous of it! :wub: It’s a beautiful cabinet and wonderfully decorated. The only reason I got a whole room was because my husband got a game room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulyb135

REALLY impressive display. That’s exactly what I’d like to do to my living space in the future. I’ll definitely revert back to these images for ideas when the time comes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
12 minutes ago, paulyb135 said:

REALLY impressive display. That’s exactly what I’d like to do to my living space in the future. I’ll definitely revert back to these images for ideas when the time comes 

Thank you! My inspiration mostly comes from old libraries and museums. I can’t wait to see your set up in the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
siteseer
On 1/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, thelivingdead531 said:

Oh, and I have all of my fossil books handy for reading next to my chair. 

Yes, I know Dinotopia doesn’t count as a fossil book, but you know. :whistle:

 

image.jpg

 

 

I like your books.  "Discovering Fossil Fishes" by Maisey and "The Lost World of Fossil Lake" by Grande are fantastic.

 

What is the culture shock like from England to Wyoming?  Forum member Boesse lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and then moved to New Zealand and now lives in South Carolina.  Your life is something like that.

 

Jess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpc

Fossils and Books.. all of this right here Wyoming.  Love it.  If you ever come up to Casper stop in at the Tate Museum and say hi.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
18 minutes ago, siteseer said:

 

 

I like your books.  "Discovering Fossil Fishes" by Maisey and "The Lost World of Fossil Lake" by Grande are fantastic.

 

What is the culture shock like from England to Wyoming?  Forum member Boesse lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and then moved to New Zealand and now lives in South Carolina.  Your life is something like that.

 

Jess

Oh gosh, it was very overwhelming. Everything felt huge, and loud, and flashy; it was almost like I was a kid going to a carnival for the first time. It was as if everything was in your face. I have to admit I didn’t like the transition and I’m still trying to get used to it again. I still have moments where I panic while driving because I think I’m on the wrong side of the road. :default_rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
6 minutes ago, jpc said:

Fossils and Books.. all of this right here Wyoming.  Love it.  If you ever come up to Casper stop in at the Tate Museum and say hi.  

 

I will! We’ve been trying to make plans to go explore but they’ve always fallen through. Are you there most days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FossilNerd
3 hours ago, thelivingdead531 said:

It's not as grand as many other rooms from members, but it's mine and I love it.

Looks grand to me!:wub: Congratulations!

 

I have a section of the basement to myself, but it’s not walled off into a room. I would give just about anything for a door and a quiet spot sometimes. :envy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
9 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

Looks grand to me!:wub: Congratulations!

 

I have a section of the basement to myself, but it’s not walled off into a room. I would give just about anything for a door and a quiet spot sometimes. :envy:

Thank you! I do love it!

 

After being in a tiny house for four years in England, we were able to buy a house that is probably double the sq footage when we got back to the States. My “fossil room” then was our dining room lol. I lucked out with this house. Some day you may have a whole room too, don’t give up hope! :fingerscrossed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×