How to fix a Cracked Romanian Cave bear arm

Dinobot

Hi there I recently purchased a cave bear paw and arm.  It unfortunately cracked almost clean thru along a pin at the end of the humerus and a few piece broke off the head  of the humerus.  The seller said to use super glue for the repair. I am a total amateur. Is this the best thing to use? Any recommendations on how repair or what to use.  If you recommend something other that super glue please let me know if it's something I can buy online

Thanks!

20200128_163315.jpg

20200128_163522.jpg

Super glue is probably best for this repair. Make sure to dry fit the pieces as much as possible before you glue them so you don’t accidentally glue them in such a way as to make another pars not fit. With superglue, less is more. Slathering it on the joint makes a mess and takes forever to dry.

• I found this Informative 1

57 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Super glue is probably best for this repair. Make sure to dry fit the pieces as much as possible before you glue them so you don’t accidentally glue them in such a way as to make another pars not fit. With superglue, less is more. Slathering it on the joint makes a mess and takes forever to dry.

Ok phew thanks! I'm glad I posted before doing because I probably would have went the other way! Lol

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

less is more. Slathering it on the joint makes a mess and takes forever to dry.

Oh great now you tell me!!!

I've had this brachiopod glued to my arm and my fingers won't come apart for weeks now!  :P

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Oh great now you tell me!!!

I've had this brachiopod glued to my arm and my fingers won't come apart for weeks now!  :P

Ya! You can laugh but I once glued an Oreodont skull to my fingers when I was letting some thin super glue seep into a crack to strengthen it and it turned out to go all the way through

1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Yep. I once glued 3 fingers of my right hand and 2 from my left to a concretion! That wasn’t fun to deal with 

Both at the same time? :DOH:  There have got to be better ways to "stick with it"..

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.