Removable adhesive

gms

Hi guys! I'm looking for a removable adhesible similar to "blu tack" but without the consequences it has when removing sticked pieces such as bones. Do you know any please? What do you use to display articulated fossils?

Than you in advance

1 hour ago, gms said:

similar to "blu tack" but without the consequences

Which is what?  Ive never used the stuff before.

have used a museum wax however, which is a clear ( so its not blatantly visible ) sticky subsance that does not have the oils to soak into bone or other porous surfaces. It worked very well on my deer leg mount.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I’ve heard of stuff called museum putty or museum wax that may be along the lines of what you are looking for, but I have never used it so I can’t attest to its effectiveness. 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

3 minutes ago, caldigger said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu_Tack

I think this is the stuff the OP is referring to. 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

This is what I have used.  Worked good for me.  Available at art supply stores and "big box" home improvement stores.

20200202_124559.png

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

11 minutes ago, caldigger said:

have used a museum wax however, which is a clear ( so its not blatantly visible ) sticky subsance that does not have the oils to soak into bone or other porous surfaces. It worked very well on my deer leg mount.

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

This is what I have used.  Worked good for me.  Available at art supply stores and "big box" home improvement stores.

20200202_124559.png

Thanks! 

I have heard that this product (Museum Wax) is very difficult to remove from the fossil which is very dissapointing. This could happen with blu-tack adhesive. 

Try some of the mineral tacks such as Geo-Tac from Shannon and Son’s Minerals. 

See this thread from Mindat about mounting adhesives:

https://www.mindat.org/mesg-389715.html

https://www.mindat.org/mesg-244890.html

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.