Urgent help, can you classify me these shark teeth?

kevin petrone

Ciao, puoi classificarmi questi denti di squalo, sono fossili delle cave di fosfato di Oued-Zem in Marocco, grazie.

(Hi, can you classify for me these shark teeth, they are fossils from the phosphate quarries of Oued-Zem in Morocco, thanks.)

04e5837f-3544-43c5-9d6d-2a17001e3738.jpg

79e092c1-d819-4e16-bd3c-e7c854a82b28.jpg

452383b6-4645-4d19-b835-993bd95a2006.jpg

cdb5e7c6-8cb2-4416-8105-20c3ba51e861.jpg

d6f0f22b-91a9-480f-9465-816ff0b0a2bf.jpg

f93b25b5-305a-4a66-bea7-1c8ead33296a.jpg

0c842be5-83c9-427d-8c74-7b11e9911533.jpg

Topic moved to Fossil ID.

Please do not make duplicate requests for the same items.

Thank you for your cooperation.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

14 minutes ago, Kane said:

L'argomento è stato spostato in Fossil ID.

Si prega di non effettuare richieste duplicate per gli stessi articoli.

Grazie per la collaborazione.

delete the content and open another one

We have some members who are very familiar with Moroccan shark teeth, hopefully they will be along at some point to help you out.  Many of the teeth are just blades without roots or cusps, which will limit the degree to which they can be identified.  Also I do not know if your need is actually "urgent" but it usually takes a while for the right people to see your post and respond so you shouldn't expect an instantaneous answer.

Don

• I found this Informative 1

Picture number one, big tooth top left looks like Otodus Obliquus to me.

The teeth in picture 2 look like some form of sand tiger, maybe striolamnia

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

If all you need is a classification, then they are Chondrichthyes, including the ray dental plates.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

thank you all, if someone else manages to classify one by one, thank you

ps: 

I know it takes time but tomorrow I have to do this study presentation

Is this an assignment for a school/university class?  If so, it is not appropriate to have other people do the work for you.  I am a professor, and in my classes that would result in an F for the class.  On the other hand the link Al Dente provided will allow you to figure out a reasonable identification yourself.  Once you have an idea, it would probably be OK to post here and ask if you have the correct identification.  People should just answer yes or no, though, and perhaps suggest some important feature you may have missed (such as presence/absence of a nutrient groove), but they should not give you the answer.

Don

• I found this Informative 5

4 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

Is this an assignment for a school/university class?  If so, it is not appropriate to have other people do the work for you.  I am a professor, and in my classes that would result in an F for the class.  On the other hand the link Al Dente provided will allow you to figure out a reasonable identification yourself.  Once you have an idea, it would probably be OK to post here and ask if you have the correct identification.  People should just answer yes or no, though, and perhaps suggest some important feature you may have missed (such as presence/absence of a nutrient groove), but they should not give you the answer.

Don

No, having these fossils the professor told me that I have to show them to the class, but I don't know the name of each species of teeth I have, so I asked you for help.

The majority are sand shark teeth.

There’s an Otodus tooth in Pic 1, and a Squalicorax in Pic 3. All else are sand shark.

The things at the top of pic 3 are stingray dental plates, possibly Eagle Ray.

On 4/2/2020 at 12:51, KingSepron said:

La maggior parte sono denti di squalo sabbia.

C'è un dente Otodus in Figura 1 e uno Squalicorax in Figura 3. Tutti gli altri sono squalo sabbia.

Le cose nella parte superiore della foto 3 sono piastre dentali pastinache, forse Eagle Ray.

What is the otodus?