Very tiny fossil

jnicholes

So, I was interested in looking at Copralite under a magnifier. I got it it Kemmerer, Wyoming. I saw something very weird that I could not see with the naked eye, only a magnifier at the highest setting.

Attached are 4 pictures. one of the copralite without the magnifier, one zoomed in low, one zoomed in high, and a fourth I will explain later

As you can see, there are tiny "Bug like things" in the rock. They all have legs, and what look like antennae. The fourth picture shows them traveling in a perfect arc towards something. A behavioral fossil discovery perhaps?

I have no idea what these black things are. Can someone try to help me?

Copralite 1.jpg

Copralite 2.jpg

Copralite 3.jpg

Copralite 4.jpg

All I can offer is a word of caution. It looks suspiciously like some contamination could have gotten sprayed on the piece.

Thanks for the caution. I will keep that in mind. I got these in, Kemmerer, Wyoming, so I don't know if they got contaminated or not.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:13 PM, Rockwood said:

All I can offer is a word of caution. It looks suspiciously like some contamination could have gotten sprayed on the piece.

Never mind. I figured it out. Believe it or not, you gave me the answer. There is contamination on the fossil. I just looked over it.

Thanks for the help.