Petrified wood specimen?

Ricky

Sorry. Some wood isn't easy to identify as such. I don't think this looks like the examples of such specimens that I've seen though.

Technically chert  quartzite flint agate jasper  petrified wood is the same thing just formed in different ways at least that's what geologists say

Yes, they are all different forms of microcrystalline quartz. Nevertheless, we still need well-focussed and detailed photos in order to make proper judgement. At least petrified wood usually shows grain patterns, which I'm not able to see in your photos.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

10 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Technically chert  quartzite flint agate jasper  petrified wood is the same thing just formed in different ways at least that's what geologists say

Technically we are just earth formed in a different way.

43 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Are you blind?

•  

IMG_20200209_155156.thumb.jpg.c7ecc87ce8c63f753e9ecc5dd4071a35.jpg

We are not blind; we are just not convinced that this is wood by looking at your dark and fuzzy photos. Show us some well lit photos of some growth rings that most wood possesses then maybe we might be convinced. If need be, have a friend with a better camera take pictures.

There are many causes of the parallel lines in rocks. It could be bedding planes, differential weathering and flow banding (as in rhyolite).

See if you can get a better photo from angle of your photo below. We are looking for growth rings.

0EBEE2BF-5CC2-4103-8423-3AA7046A17E8.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

27 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Are you blind?

Let's keep the discussion civil, please.

@Ricky

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Let's keep the discussion civil, please.

@Ricky

Ok I will have to clean it up I can see the growth rings in the pieces they don't show up on the photo and the Appalachian mountains are so old it is eroded bad and if it was polished they would show better 

I'm sorry to offend anyone. I was just asking for advice and opinions and some people seem like they would argue with a fence post

I confess, I do love a good argument. Over confidence is like a red flag to a bull to me.

In my opinion there seem to be more things that are inconsistent with growth rings than in favor of it.