Thought I would share some of my Acrocanthosaurus tracks in my collection from Texas.  These are from the Glen Rose Formation.  Anyone who has dino tracks, please feel free to post them here on this thread too...would love to see them! 

The associated pair are big...both over 20 inches long.  

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

• I found this Informative 14

3 hours ago, StevenJD said:

Thought I would share some of my Acrocanthosaurus tracks in my collection from Texas.  These are from the Glen Rose Formation.  Anyone who has dino tracks, please feel free to post them here on this thread too...would love to see them! 

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

Amazing Footprints!! Would love to see your Acrocanthosaurus footprints!!

Nice specimens thank you for sharing. 

Ornithopod Juvenile Herbivorou's Dinosaur Footcast  from Wealden , Sussex. U.K. 

03DFD8B5-55E6-4C21-992C-6AC7C8D75BBF.jpeg

• I found this Informative 6

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Nice specimens thank you for sharing. 

Ornithopod Juvenile Herbivorou's Dinosaur Footcast  from Wealden , Sussex. U.K. 

03DFD8B5-55E6-4C21-992C-6AC7C8D75BBF.jpeg

I was hoping someone would post their Wealden footcasts.  Nice one, thanks for sharing 

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, StevenJD said:

Thank you!

Your welcome!! I will post some of my possible footprint later. 

Tracks, these are all East Coast, USA...

DSC_0973acz.thumb.jpg.3e6f0d5eef71ead04ad594bd73e99e31.jpg

DSC_0977acz.thumb.jpg.734775e75aed3d84e1a85f71f06b76fa.jpg

DSC_0981acz.thumb.jpg.350991809017429d8f6feb02f93922cf.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

On 2/10/2020 at 4:18 PM, snolly50 said:

Tracks, these are all East Coast, USA...

DSC_0973acz.thumb.jpg.3e6f0d5eef71ead04ad594bd73e99e31.jpg  DSC_0977acz.thumb.jpg.734775e75aed3d84e1a85f71f06b76fa.jpg  DSC_0981acz.thumb.jpg.350991809017429d8f6feb02f93922cf.jpg

Great tracks Snolly, thanks for sharing. :dinothumb:

Why do English teachers hate that last plate?

It's a double negative! :D

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

1 hour ago, snolly50 said:

Why do English teachers hate that last plate?

It's a double negative! :D

Did you know that a double positive can  equal a negative?

“From an anecdote/joke

A linguist took a class at an American university, and explained that a double negativecould make a positive, but there was no language in the world in which a double positive made a negative. A heckler replied bluntly "Yeah, right." --Keene22:26, 12 January 2008 (UTC)”

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Talk:double_positive

• I found this Informative 4

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

• 3 months later...

Amazing! Acrocanthosaurus fossils are hard as heck to get a hold of!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

On 09/02/2020 at 7:16 PM, StevenJD said:

They are a wonderful set . Very cool 

On 5/13/2020 at 9:13 PM, -Andy- said:

Amazing! Acrocanthosaurus fossils are hard as heck to get a hold of!

Thanks Andy! 

On 5/14/2020 at 12:39 AM, Bobby Rico said:

They are a wonderful set . Very cool 

Thank you! 

Had not seen this very cool.  Acro tracks pretty rare from Texas.  Nice addition to your collection 

Wow! Amazing tracks. I love Acro and din't even know prints of them had been found. I'm jealous haha.

I'm a trace fossil fan too. Mine are in England (I'm in Taiwan) so I can't take pictures of mine, but I've got a good neovenator print, 2 iguandon, a very large polacanthus,  some pterosaur tracks from France, an unidentified UK theropod and a possible Mantellisaurus. I'll keep this thread in mine and post them when I manage to get back to the motherland.

I'm a footprint fan. Along with teeth, my favorite kind of fossil. There's just something so cool about owning something that you know a dinosaur was once standing.

I've posted pictures of this one elsewhere also but here's my Aalenian therapod footprint from Whitby UK.5ebea711ab701_footprintextracted(lowres).thumb.JPG.8d839c3bd29efba0ac6d00963caaacb4.JPG

There are some interesting parallel striations on the right side of the central toe. I'm hoping they're drag marks but I don't know.

5ebea719432d1_striations(lowres).thumb.JPG.dbddb0e8314dd3e1088164d08da881d1.JPG

I hope you enjoy,

Benton

• I found this Informative 2

On 5/15/2020 at 7:16 AM, Troodon said:

Had not seen this very cool.  Acro tracks pretty rare from Texas.  Nice addition to your collection 

Thanks Frank.  Yeah these are not seen too often.  

On 5/15/2020 at 8:43 AM, FF7_Yuffie said:

Wow! Amazing tracks. I love Acro and din't even know prints of them had been found. I'm jealous haha.

I'm a trace fossil fan too. Mine are in England (I'm in Taiwan) so I can't take pictures of mine, but I've got a good neovenator print, 2 iguandon, a very large polacanthus,  some pterosaur tracks from France, an unidentified UK theropod and a possible Mantellisaurus. I'll keep this thread in mine and post them when I manage to get back to the motherland.

I'm a footprint fan. Along with teeth, my favorite kind of fossil. There's just something so cool about owning something that you know a dinosaur was once standing.

Thanks.  Sounds like you have some great tracks in your collection...would to see them when you get the chance :dinothumb:

On 5/15/2020 at 10:34 AM, BentonlWalters said:

I've posted pictures of this one elsewhere also but here's my Aalenian therapod footprint from Whitby UK.

5ebea711ab701_footprintextracted(lowres).thumb.JPG.8d839c3bd29efba0ac6d00963caaacb4.JPG

There are some interesting parallel striations on the right side of the central toe. I'm hoping they're drag marks but I don't know.

5ebea719432d1_striations(lowres).thumb.JPG.dbddb0e8314dd3e1088164d08da881d1.JPG

I hope you enjoy,

Benton

Thanks for posting this one Benton, very nice.  I love seeing these cool UK tracks! 

Grallator tracks. Rocky Hill, CT, Early Jurassic.

Tom

GR TRACKS.JPG

AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGIST

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

"THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE BETWEEN AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGY AND MENTAL ILLNESS"

On 5/19/2020 at 9:50 AM, TOM BUCKLEY said:

Grallator tracks. Rocky Hill, CT, Early Jurassic.

Tom

GR TRACKS.JPG

Nice Grallator tracks Tom.  Personal find? 

Thanks Steven. No, they were a purchase. I never got the chance to hunt for tracks and now that I'm down in Florida I fear that ship has sailed. I seems that most of the tracks in CT, Mass. NY, and NJ are Grallator. There must have been a slew of those buggers in the area.

Tom

AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGIST

STROKE SURVIVOR

CANCER SURVIVOR

CURMUDGEON

"THERE IS A VERY FINE LINE BETWEEN AVOCATIONAL PALEONTOLOGY AND MENTAL ILLNESS"