sssfrs

Does anyone know the best sites for finding fossils in Israel?  I am spending the summer there and want to make the most of the geology.  I know there are cretaceous formations somewhere but I am not sure where specifically. 

Suggest you start by exploring the map on paleobiodb.org. There are quarries with interesting material north and south of Jerusalem in Palestinian areas, but you’d best get to know the quarry owners online first and make friends before going there (I haven’t tried but was tempted to contact them when I went last year). 

Been there in December 2019. I didnt have time to explore such things but I noticed much exposed outcrops on the road from Jerusalem to Dead sea.

Taking into account how Dead sea was created, the whole area must have fossils.

Definately, you cannot search near archeological sites, which in turn means you cannot check this reference

https://paleobiodb.org/classic/basicCollectionSearch?collection_no=84995

(Unless of course you have special permit).

The sales of archeological artifacts is permitted by some authorized dealers. I do not know though what law applies for paleontologic things.

For sure, you dont want ANY troubles at border when leaving country. Border police there is very strict.

Dont miss to visit Akko, a beautiful medieval crusaders' castle close to the border with Lebanon. 2h by train from Jerusalem. Avoid at all costs fossil searching in the Palestine as they have totally different aspect and laws for archeology. 

• I found this Informative 1