Good evening everyone, long time I don't show up here (my bad, my thesis is ...well...a thesis).

Almost 2 weeks ago I had the pleasure to visit with a friend the "Museo Civico di Scienze Naturali Malmerendi" located in Faenza. Even if it's not the biggest nor the most famous natural history museum of Emilia Romagna I consider it one of the best I've seen so far in Italy. Most of the speciments (Pliocene / Pleistocene) were collected in the area near the city. Mammals are well represented, maybe the most peculiar is what I think is the holotype of the only aardvark specie from our country (if I'm wrong please tell me). Several fishes (in particular a large grouper in matrix) and mollusks are also displayed. 

DSC_7155.JPG

Edited by Fn8
  • I found this Informative 4

Wonderful collection. :)

hanks for sharing these with us, it's always great to see the specimens in smaller, provincial museums that most of us will never have the privilege of being able to visit ourselves. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Thanks for sharing! Big things come in small packages, as the saying goes. :thumbsu:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

thanks to all.

What I like the most out of all the museum are the displays, even the most common of all the fossils can acquire value if given dignity

• I found this Informative 1

• 3 months later...

Love the fossil killifish.  I think they are the first I've seen. Thanks for posting.