RFausta

Have a day or two in the area- where to go?

RFausta

I am in NYC for 5 days at the beginning of March, and I intend on taking at least one of those days to go find some fossils somewhere. I have nerded out pretty hard and crossreferenced localities etc and I have basically narrowed it to Big Brook, Shark River, or trilobites. I would love opinions on where the collecting would be best between Shark River and Big Brook (I have a bunch of Miocene shark teeth from California but absolutely nothing from the Cretaceous). I have some trilobites from California (white mountains) but nothing particularly special. Any and all suggestions will be considered! I have no problems wading horribly cold rivers or banging open limestone as necessary.

About me: I am a medically retired field/remediation paleontologist from California, so while i *taught* invert paleo at university, I spent most of my time chasing construction vehicles for Pleistocene megafauna. I have a pickup truck and am always ready to travel... but I moved to New Hampshire where there are ZERO FOSSILS AT ALL. 

grandpa

A warm welcome to TFF from Austin, Tx.  Sorry I can't help with your site request; I just wanted to say hello and welcome.

caldigger

Plax

Big Brook since you don't have cretaceous teeth in your collection.