Help IDing tooth from China

Le Quoc

Hello everybody!

I got those tooth from the seller in China. There are 2 tooth from Miocene - Gansu, and 1 jaw come from Harbin river bank - Heilongjiang province. But the seller don't have label for them. Wondering if anyone can identify it.

Thanks,

Le

_MG_1572.JPG

The two on the top based on the color and morphology seems from the quite common small hyaenid Ictitherium, 

For the partial jaw on the bottom seems from a ruminat but I need more photo to better identifying it (a photo of the occlusa view would be better) 

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, Kiros said:

The two on the top based on the color and morphology seems from the quite common small hyaenid Ictitherium, 

For the partial jaw on the bottom seems from a ruminat but I need more photo to better identifying it (a photo of the occlusa view would be better) 

Thank you, I think the molar on the right belong to Machairodus

here more photo of the jaw

_MG_1579.JPG

The seems more hyena like to me. Chinese sellers love to say that every carnivore tooth is from machairodus. Anyway I can be wrong and it really is from a sabertooth cat. The jaw seems from a deer

3 hours ago, Le Quoc said:

Thank you, so how recognize which belong to hyena and which belong to the sabertooth cat, any different between them? 

I'm not an expert at all, I'm just a student and usually I work on rhinos, but to me that right molar seems quite small to be from a machairodus, hyenas  instead have sturdy big premolars like the one on the left because the need them to crack bones and often the tip is cut.  This is a percrocute partial mandible from my collection, you can see how massive are the premolars

15818695515815332069624456701748.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Thank you, very nice partial jaw! so do you think mine hyena tooth are ictitherium or PecrocutaI just read the document that they said there are hyena and also hyena-like feliform carnivores like Percrocuta and Adcrocuta. 

12 hours ago, Le Quoc said:

Thank you, very nice partial jaw! so do you think mine hyena tooth are ictitherium or PecrocutaI just read the document that they said there are hyena and also hyena-like feliform carnivores like Percrocuta and Adcrocuta. 

I think yours is ictitherium