White Feather

In April I am heading to Winder GA to visit my Daughter for my birthday, we will be going hunting to some of the gem mines. Anyone have a good easy to access creek for fossil and shark teeth hunting? Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks

Deb

PS. I still have issues knowing the best place to post this. what topic to use?

Moved to FOSSIL HUNTING TRIPS;) 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Winder GA is located on the Piedmont, made up of metamorphic rock.  There are no fossiliferous rocks in the area, indeed it's a couple of hours to get to the nearest sedimentary rock.  Even then, huntable outcrops are few and far between since the state government got after the mining industry to reclaim old kaolin mines.  I know because I live not far from there.

Don

• I found this Informative 3

Moved to FOSSIL HUNTING TRIPS ;) 

Thank you so much, its a full time job to keep me straightened out... :default_rofl: one day I hope will get the right place to post...:DOH:

Thank you Don! 

Winder GA is located on the Piedmont, made up of metamorphic rock.  There are no fossiliferous rocks in the area, indeed it's a couple of hours to get to the nearest sedimentary rock.  Even then, huntable outcrops are few and far between since the state government got after the mining industry to reclaim old kaolin mines.  I know because I live not far from there.

Don

• I found this Informative 1