Seed pod ID request #2

Ruger9a

Thanks Grandpa.  Another disappointment today.  But a positive as far as correct descriptions go.  I purchased several items (a decade ago) listed as seed pods and am just now getting around to try and identify them.  I already have a fairly nice collection of Echinoid spines and never considered these as spines because of the shape and thickness.  But, they certainly match the photos posted.  Thanks again.

• I found this Informative 1

Echinoid spines are not a disappointment. I've never found one. Not even the echinoid to which they would have been attached. Very nicely detailed specimens.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

53 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

Echinoid spines are not a disappointment. I've never found one. Not even the echinoid to which they would have been attached. Very nicely detailed specimens.

I didn't mean the spines were a disappointment.  I am disappointed that my "seed pod" collection as dwindled from five to three (maybe less) in just one day.  I still have three more seed pods to request IDs for so, it may dwindle even further.  I'm happy to have a correct identification either way.  On the bright side, my echinoid spine collection has just increased by another species.   

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

They're rather nice echinoid 'clubs'. :)

Thanks Tidgy's Dad.  They do look rather nice next to the others.