5 hours ago, Arion said:

@dinosaur man One suggestion, it’s good practice to cite your sources, especially if you directly quote from someone else’s data :)

https://www.theropoddatabase.com/Tyrannosauroidea.html

Ok, Thank you

28 minutes ago, musicnfossils said:

What “field work” do you plan on doing out here in Alberta? Are you lining up volunteer work with the museum or just searching for and photographing fossils in the park? 

Well I’ll be studying some specimens from the museum as I have access to the back collections, and I’ll be doing fuel work finding fossils and just trying to get as much information from them as I can and also get the coordinates of the fossils.  So I’ll be doing kinda both, but I won’t be able to go back until Fall of next year (sometime in September or October 2021).

• 1 month later...

Yun_PJVP_17_2.pdf

not sure if you’ve seen this yet, has some interesting discussion of DP Daspletosaurus identification and also concludes Thanatotheristes is a species of Daspletosaurus (D. degrootorum). Frequently references a forthcoming paper describing a new tyrannosaurine from the Foremost Formation.

• I found this Informative 1

On 9/13/2020 at 12:13 PM, Arion said:

Yun_PJVP_17_2.pdf

not sure if you’ve seen this yet, has some interesting discussion of DP Daspletosaurus identification and also concludes Thanatotheristes is a species of Daspletosaurus (D. degrootorum). Frequently references a forthcoming paper describing a new tyrannosaurine from the Foremost Formation.

Yeah I’ve read it, thank you, in it, it says that the Dinosaur Park species is D. torosus but it doesn’t have that much information to back up this assumption.

I haven’t been on the forum that much but I would like to share this, I did a whole systematic study of every Daspletosaurus specimen with preserved lacrimal horns.  What each one would look like based off the study.  @Troodon

4A42B416-4A48-4613-AD98-1E489B1AF071.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

• 4 weeks later...

I haven’t been on lately hopefully soon I could be on more but so far for my project I’ve learned a lot especially with the help of Jared Voris.  I recently made this based off of a hypothetical 400mm Baby Daspletosaurus skull similar to the size of baby Tarbosaurus, Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus skulls that have been found.

B0EF67B0-98E5-460D-B6F1-89BCB5AEE7A1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished working on a skeletal reconstruction of the specimen FMNH PR308 with Gaige Wright (he did most of the work :P

0FC020DC-C107-4662-9257-70B82420D5D9.jpeg

Nice presentation.  Just a comment, your legs appear to be both left ones.  For example the fibula, metatarsal V and digit I should not be visible on the right leg.

3 hours ago, Troodon said:

Nice presentation.  Just a comment, your legs appear to be both left ones.  For example the fibula, metatarsal V and digit I should not be visible on the right leg.

@Troodon thank you for the info!  Just wondering what are you’re thoughts so far of some of my other stuff?

The horn study was interesting since I never really paid attention to their shape.  Have to wonder how much variation there is within a species

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

The horn study was interesting since I never really paid attention to their shape.  Have to wonder how much variation there is within a species

Yeah, there is a fair amount of variation through species but they all have the basic structure enough to tell them apart from other species of the same genus.  I’ll have to show you the list of all the specimens I used on this.

On 10/25/2020 at 4:01 PM, dinosaur man said:

Yeah, there is a fair amount of variation through species but they all have the basic structure enough to tell them apart from other species of the same genus.  I’ll have to show you the list of all the specimens I used on this.

@Troodon this is my systematic study:

D. sp  Field station specimen  short, middle tall, more rounded tip, not sharply curved down

D. sp  TMP 1985.062.0001  long, low, more rounded tip, not sharply curved down

D. sp  FMNH PR308  long, middle, more rounded tip, not sharply curved down

D. sp  CMN 11594  long, middle, more of a sharper tip, not sharply curved down

D. sp  TMP 1992.036.1220  unknown, unknown, unknown, not sharply curved down

D. sp  TMP 1998.093.0035  unknown, unknown, unknown, not sharply curved down

D. torosus  CMN 8506  short, middle tall, more of a sharper tip, sharply curved down

D. torosus  TMP 2001.036.0001  long, middle low, more of a sharper tip, sharply curved down

D. horneri  MOR 590  short, pretty low, between sharp and rounded tip, sharply curved down

D. horneri  MOR 1130  short, pretty low, more rounded tip, sharply curved down

D. sp  Sir William  short, middle tall, more rounded tip, sharply curved down

15 hours ago, dinosaur man said:

@Troodon this is my systematic study:

D. sp  Field station specimen  short, middle tall, more rounded tip, not sharply curved down

D. sp  TMP 1985.062.0001  long, low, more rounded tip, not sharply curved down

D. sp  FMNH PR308  long, middle, more rounded tip, not sharply curved down

D. sp  CMN 11594  long, middle, more of a sharper tip, not sharply curved down

D. sp  TMP 1992.036.1220  unknown, unknown, unknown, not sharply curved down

D. sp  TMP 1998.093.0035  unknown, unknown, unknown, not sharply curved down

D. torosus  CMN 8506  short, middle tall, more of a sharper tip, sharply curved down

D. torosus  TMP 2001.036.0001  long, middle low, more of a sharper tip, sharply curved down

D. horneri  MOR 590  short, pretty low, between sharp and rounded tip, sharply curved down

D. horneri  MOR 1130  short, pretty low, more rounded tip, sharply curved down

D. sp  Sir William  short, middle tall, more rounded tip, sharply curved down

Oh and it makes more sense if you see the specimens lacrimal horns

• 1 month later...

I haven’t been posting much of my research on here lately, but I’ve been very busy with the project and have had some great new discoveries!  Though I can’t share all of them, but I will be updating everyone about this topic very soon!