Spinosaurus vertebra

Still_human

Is this entirely a spinosaurus vert? I’m wondering if the top and bottom are from the same bone. From the sides I could see there being some matrix camouflaging where they’re connected, but then from the front or back view, i think it looks like it’s clearly uninterrupted, so as usual, I need help:/

1F64A80D-32CC-4120-A81A-F1D36B84283C.jpeg

4B366EDC-819B-497B-A567-6E5E6CD0DD79.jpeg

27BA1D0C-9484-486E-83D7-255F23ACDA8A.jpeg

9CDB45B2-073B-412B-81DE-32223B329009.jpeg

64398621-68C3-43C7-9302-F803B7A98D63.png

I feel like In pictures 2&3, the right and left sides, there’s such a huge difference in the whole area between the body and processes, which I guess would be the pedicle(?). In picture 3 the pedicle seems to be the standard sized area, just enough to connect them, but in picture 2 it’s this comparatively massive area of excess material. I guess if the processes are forced over to one side it could deform the other side enough to have more material up in that area, but I would expect the overall shape of the vertebra body to be pulled out of shape as well, and It still looks pretty uniform to me. I feel like its definitely at least questionable.

From these photos, it looks to me like a recent bone with a bit of shaping and bits of other bone/matrix added in a splotchy application of CA glue.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

44 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

From these photos, it looks to me like a recent bone with a bit of shaping and bits of other bone/matrix added in a splotchy application of CA glue.

Wait, like a modern bone, not even a fossil?

In general, i couldn’t care less about little tiny fills and such like those dark orange spots, if they were just matrix being packed into really small holes or patching tiny areas, or small splotches of glue for repairs of those sizes, at least on something of this size, if the rest was legit.....well, I’d much prefer they weren’t there, but I’d happily put up with it, in those cases! 

I assumed the base was an entire single piece, but I’m not sure about the processes, cause there’s always so much matrix around all those curves and crevasses that I still don’t really know where to look for, as sketchiness or not, but I didn’t notice anything that looked really off to me, but I thought the only thing that looked suspect was the connection.

The white color of the base does stand out, but i know I’ve seen legit kem kem with that color, and I’m sure I’ve seen mixed colored fossils too, right? What is it that makes it seem recent?

7 minutes ago, Still_human said:

What is it that makes it seem recent?

The spongy, open-celled cancellous bone. 

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

This type of preservation is actually consistent with aoufous formation normally around efroud goulmima region of Morocco. The spongy bone is actually erosion and again is common as for the processes they do look a bit dubious but are consistent with spinosauidae a common practice in Morocco is to cover up cracks and breaks with a ton of sand and glue junk. I would ask the seller for anterior, posterior, dorsal (and all the other angles I forget the name of) in straight on ward photographs, no obtuse angles. If the seller refuses or doesn't provide these best to forget purchasing.