Way to Stabilize the cracks in this Chesapecten Shell?

bitterlily

Hello. I found this very cool Chesapecten Shell covered in Barnacles. Feels very strong. There are cracks in the underside of the shell and I was wondering if there is something clear and strong that I could apply to stabilize the fractures? Thank You! 

893D3072-498E-46C3-9669-8FB8FBC98106.jpeg

B1DD66EA-7CD3-418C-8620-A75BB80C1423.jpeg

21078E78-189A-435B-81F7-E0B73ADE4AC5.jpeg

try acrylic nail hardener

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Paraloid B72 or Butvar B76 dissolved in acetone at an approximate ratio of 1 part plastic to 25 parts acetone by weight. This will make up a roughly 5% solution that will penetrate the cracks and stabilize the fossil. Brush it on the cracks with a small paint brush (artist not home repair :P). Let it soak in and repeat several times. Then, wipe the surface of the shell with a bit of acetone on a q-tip or rag to remove plastic from the shell surface.

Another option is cyanoacrylate but it is harder to get off the surface of the shell.