What could this be????

Ruger9a

Morning folks.  Sorry, I really don't like to do this - I have NO information at all as to what, where or when concerning this fossil.  Can anyone help with the ID?  My wife says it looks like a "gift" from my cat after an all-nighter in the back yard. 

20200220_080342 (2).jpg

20200220_080359 (2).jpg

20200220_080430 (2).jpg

20200220_080459 (2).jpg

20200220_080527 (2).jpg

20200220_080546 (2).jpg

I'm not seeing anything biological here. This looks to be a geological artifact with veins of a harder silica material infiltrating the host rock. Looks quite polished like it might have been tumbled around in water for some time. How did you come by this item?

EDIT: Ah, Misha was quicker on the draw....

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 4

1 hour ago, digit said:

I'm not seeing anything biological here. This looks to be a geological artifact with veins of a harder silica material infiltrating the host rock. Looks quite polished like it might have been tumbled around in water for some time. How did you come by this item?

EDIT: Ah, Misha was quicker on the draw....

Cheers.

-Ken

Ken,

I washed and waxed it so it would like "prettier" for the posting:-)  Not a good idea?  It was really dull except for the worm like veins.  I honestly can't remember where I got it because it's been so long ago judging from the location where I found it last year - way in the back of my unidentified drawer.

46 minutes ago, daves64 said:

Alien pod. :thumbsu:

LOL   It sure is a good candidate for an alien pod or an ancient forest cat "deposit".....  

54 minutes ago, Ruger9a said:

I washed and waxed it so it would like "prettier" for the posting:-)

Do you do cars as well? Mine sorely needs a good wash and wax. :P

It's a nice geological specimen of intrusive silica veins and I don't think your treatment of it harmed it in any way.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, digit said:

Do you do cars as well? Mine sorely needs a good wash and wax. :P

It's a nice geological specimen of intrusive silica veins and I don't think your treatment of it harmed it in any way.

Cheers.

-Ken

Ken,

LOL, it's only 2 inches long and was accomplished with the use only a tooth brush.  So, if your vehicle is the size of a Match Box car - sure.  If it's anything larger than that, I sub it out to the local kids for a wash, wax and vacuum.  They do a better job, plus I'm not sore for the next week :-)  Thank you for taking the time to identify my geological kitty "gift". 

Back at you,

Wayne