petrified wood ID help

fossil of Egypt

I found these stones among stones of the digging residue of the suez canal .
hope to know your opinion and encouragement as  this is  a very new start .

IMG_20200224_093121.jpg

It could all be wood or none of it could be wood. Knowledge of the fossil woods found in the area is going to be the key to this question. 

Sorry I have none.

• I found this Informative 2

16 minutes ago, fossil of Egypt said:

rockwood said : 

It could all be wood or none of it could be wood. Knowledge of the fossil woods found in the area is going to be the key to this question. 

Sorry I have none.

the ancient delta of the river nile is the key . the suez canal was digged  200 years ago only . passing through what was one day the ancient delta of the river nile .

As Rockwood has stated - knowing if fossil wood has previously been found in the area would help to solidify an ID.

This from Wikipedia: 

"Fossils

Petrified Wood: Fayoum, Petrified wood protectorate in New-Cairo Area/ Cairo-Suez desert road & entire Western Desert of Egypt is covered in Petrified wood.

This is one of the clues that the region was a tropical climate. The petrified wood is very diverse and many samples are very beautiful, often actually littering the ground in certain areas. "

So, it appears that it is possible, as well as likely. Further identification to genus level is probably not possible. 

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

31 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

it appears that it is possible, as well as likely. Further identification to genus level is probably not possible. 

many thanks and so grateful for your help .