Is this a decent chain coral?

Moozillion

My current quest is to collect at least 1 fossil from each of the Periods. I do not have a Silurian fossil yet, and am considering buying this one. 

My question is: Is this a fairly decent specimen? The photos are taken of my computer screen using my phone, but I think they should be clear enough. I have tried to make sure there is NOTHING in the photos about the seller or the website...

Dang it- How to I reduce the MB so my photo can be posted? :o

grrrrrr....I've tried things I've done before, and none of them work...:wacko:

1 hour ago, Moozillion said:

My current quest is to collect at least 1 fossil from each of the Periods. I do not have a Silurian fossil yet, and am considering buying this one. 

My question is: Is this a fairly decent specimen? The photos are taken of my computer screen using my phone, but I think they should be clear enough. I have tried to make sure there is NOTHING in the photos about the seller or the website...

Dang it- How to I reduce the MB so my photo can be posted? :o

grrrrrr....I've tried things I've done before, and none of them work...:wacko:

I assume you work with Windows. try this

Right click the photo file and click edit. The photo will open in Paint or another photo management software. 

Click resize.

Reduce the horizontal (percentage)  to  50 (half size) no need to change the vertical as long as you keep the aspect ratio checked (as is the default).

Click ok.

Good luck!

• I found this Informative 2

21 minutes ago, Pippa said:

I assume you work with Windows. try this

Right click the photo file and click edit. The photo will open in Paint or another photo management software. 

Click resize.

Reduce the horizontal (percentage)  to  50 (half size) no need to change the vertical as long as you keep the aspect ratio checked (as is the default).

Click ok.

Good luck!

Thanks bunches, Pippa, but I have a Mac, so it thinks differently. :zzzzscratchchin:

My Tech Support (hubby) is out on an errand, but should be home soon, and I'll try again. 

16 minutes ago, Moozillion said:

Thanks bunches, Pippa, but I have a Mac, so it thinks differently. :zzzzscratchchin:

My Tech Support (hubby) is out on an errand, but should be home soon, and I'll try again. 

Oh, so do I. Where do you have your photo? If it's in "Photos" or Iphoto, drag the thumbtack image onto the desktop. Double click it and it will be opened in Preview.  Check the MBs by clicking Tools and then  "show Inspector" for actual size.

I'm at work, so not on my Mac  right now, but I believe under "Tools" you'll also find  "adjust size",  do the same as I described above for Windows ie. Reduce the size of one of the dimensions and click ok. Close the image so that the info updates, then go back to tools  and click  on inspector, you should  see the reduced  MB number.  

• I found this Informative 2

Hi Bea 

Looks really nice to me a good display piece  . If the price is good for you go for it.  Nice quest you are undertaking, I am looking forward to what you will find of my favourite time the Permian . 

All the best Bobby 

• I found this Informative 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi Bea 

Looks really nice to me a good display piece  . If the price is good for you go for it.  Nice quest you are undertaking, I am looking forward to what you will find of my favourite time the Permian . 

All the best Bobby 

Thank  you, Bobby! :rolleyes:

• I found this Informative 5

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks