Tentative guess, giant scute? Limestone cave find.

Fishkeeper

This is in a limestone cave out in West Texas. I don't know anything further, I'm not there in person- the pics are from my brother. It looks a little like a turtle shell to me, but not segmented like they are.  What really comes to mind is a crocodile scute, but I don't think there were any giant crocodiles in Texas, and I don't think any of them got quite THIS big anyway. 

The size of it really has my attention. If it was tiny, I'd think it was some form of invertebrate sea life or another, something I'm just not familiar with. That size, though? I have no idea. 

(Best picture they could get, it was by flashlight. Second pic shows texture.)

image.thumb.png.c3602b0ff8d072ec7b61e9fe7ff9a227.png

image.thumb.png.8b1da0b973066dcdaf293aa33d767284.png

It would really need to be cleaned up a bit. I wouldn't rule out a dislocated piece of cone in cone structure though.

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

It would really need to be cleaned up a bit. I wouldn't rule out a dislocated piece of cone in cone structure though.

I agree that it could be some sort of dislocated cave/geological structure and more cleanup would be necessary. Limestone can have some strangely weathered and water eroded shapes. Doubly so in a leaky cave. 

• I found this Informative 2

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)