Dinosaur bone unspecified

Aaandy_xd

I acquired this dinosaur bone several years ago. It is said to come from Mongolia. Unfortunately, the seller didn't know what dinosaur and what type of bone it was. I definitely know for sure that it's real. The bone was checked by an expert.

The bone is 38 cm long, between 15 and 20 cm wide and between 5 and 15 cm high.

Maybe someone has an idea. Thank you in advance!

Capture+_2020-03-06-14-50-58~2.pngCapture+_2020-03-06-14-50-35~2.pngCapture+_2020-03-06-14-51-18~2.pngCapture+_2020-03-06-14-51-08~2.png

It's very unrealistic to try to assign a specimen to a dinosaur without a provenance.  A country of origin is rarely an adequate provenance since most countries have numerous exposures covering a wide range of ages.

This specimen looks more geologic in origin than bone.

• I found this Informative 4

I agree with troodon...  I don't see a bone there.  It doesn't have the texture nor the shape.  

• I found this Informative 2

No I'm really sure. The bone is real. The expert was of the Senckenberg-Group. 

One idea was a shoulder bone of a Iquanodon. 

Shoulder bones don't have holes in them, and something about the texture of this is odd. It doesn't look like a bone, just a bone-shaped rock. 

Well you have two of the most knowledgeable dinosaurs experts, on this forum, making those comments and one is with a museum.   To me the texture is all wrong for it to be bone looks like a rock to me.  I'm not aware of any dinosaur bone that looks like that.  Skull elements have unusual shapes but are not that robust.

• I found this Informative 3

Aaandy_xd has been banned for deleting posted content...again.  I replaced the content based on notifications.  This topic is now locked.  

We appreciate the patience of our members in politely dealing with this rare occurrence on TFF.

• I found this Informative 11

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

• JohnJ locked this topic