BellamyBlake

Hi everyone,

For a long time, I've wanted to find a Megalodon tooth. I'm from Toronto, where they don't exist. However, I have a trip to the South coming up, where I understand there are some prime locations.

It's a trip primarily for business, but I'll have one full day to spend on my Megalodon hunt. I would therefore ideally want to pick a single site. I did my research and my understanding now is that some of the beaches near Charleston, SC are prime. It would be helpful to get some first-hand accounts from you guys, though. 

M97kMmm.png

The blue area is where I'm already planning to go. Suggestions for Megalodon sites in that range are preferable. The purple area is where I can extend my trip if the sites therein are meant to be particularly fruitful.

I would appreciate any suggestions on the most promising Megalodon-hunting areas in this region. The only real barrier is that I won't have access to a boat, so anything offshore isn't doable.

Thank you,

Bellamy

Edited by BellamyBlake

• 4 months later...

I’d recommend palmetto fossil excursions if you haven’t gone there yet, if you have there’s always a next time.

• I found this Informative 1

On 7/14/2020 at 10:30 PM, Familyroadtrip said:

I’d recommend palmetto fossil excursions if you haven’t gone there yet, if you have there’s always a next time.

My conference was cancelled and so I didn't do my trip as planned. Thank you kindly for the suggestion. I saw your post - you had a fruitful trip! I'll definitely go with Palmetto whenever I'm down there.