hokiehunter

Hi all,  Long time no post for me (mostly because I haven't been out collecting).  I did get out this past weekend though with my young son for a quick hunt and we found a fun mixed bag of things.  No big teeth (just the usual small ones) but we did find a few unique pieces that I thought I'd share.  They are as follows:

1.) Tuna hyplural (tail bone)

2.) Crab carapace

3.) 2 x mostly complete ray mouth plates  

4.) 1 x Cetacean bone with predation marks

I still love finding big teeth but always fun to get some variety mixed in too.  The teeth can wait for next time.  :-)  Happy hunting to all.

Potomac finds 03_09_20.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

Indeed. 

Nice unusual finds. 

Nice to see and thanks for sharing. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

2 hours ago, hokiehunter said:

Hi all,  Long time no post for me (mostly because I haven't been out collecting).  I did get out this past weekend though with my young son for a quick hunt and we found a fun mixed bag of things.  No big teeth (just the usual small ones) but we did find a few unique pieces that I thought I'd share.  They are as follows:

1.) Tuna hyplural (tail bone)

2.) Crab carapace

3.) 2 x mostly complete ray mouth plates  

4.) 1 x Cetacean bone with predation marks

I still love finding big teeth but always fun to get some variety mixed in too.  The teeth can wait for next time.  :-)  Happy hunting to all.

Potomac finds 03_09_20.jpg

Go Hokies!

• I found this Informative 1

These are all amazingly unusual finds! You should be proud

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Really great that you found those. They are indeed unusual.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/