looking to give fossils in return for paraloid and acetone

Notidanodon

Acetone in the UK is 'reportable'. 

This means small quantities can be purchased online or in shops but for larger quantities for industrial use one needs to get a permit and if someone tries to buy a big amount from you, you should report them to the authorities as it can be used to make explosives. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

15 hours ago, Pterygotus said:

Also, I own some paraloid but it always forms a useless lump at the bottom of the acetone which solidifies into a strange white substance as soon as it’s taken out. Does anyone know why this happens?

I'm using Acryloid which I assume is much the same as Paraloid. It does not dissolve immediately, and I find I have to keep stirring that lump with a knife or similar implement, before it finally dissolves. You can leave it to sit for a while too and it will become softer, but you still need to stir it occasionally to hurry the process along.

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

I'm using Acryloid which I assume is much the same as Paraloid. It does not dissolve immediately, and I find I have to keep stirring that lump with a knife or similar implement, before it finally dissolves. You can leave it to sit for a while too and it will become softer, but you still need to stir it occasionally to hurry the process along.

This is about 3 weeks after I first put it in the acetone. I think it may just be a problem with the acetone :).

19 hours ago, Pterygotus said:

This is about 3 weeks after I first put it in the acetone. I think it may just be a problem with the acetone :).

Hmmm... have you tried stirring it, as I suggested? It may not dissolve unless you do.

If you're not using pure acetone, I don't know what would happen. I've only ever used the pure stuff.

• I found this Informative 2

Same here. it has to be stirred otherwise it sits on the bottom. I’ve heard of people hanging the paraloid in a net bag and letting it go. Me personally I measure out the amounts, stir in part until dissolved then add more and repeat

• 4 weeks later...

You can get everything on Amazon Will. The ratios depend on what effect your going for. For penetrating consolidation You’d use less b72, for a gloss effect is in the middle and for a good strong binding glue you want use a fair bit more. 

• I found this Informative 1