Jeffrey P

Triassic Fishing in New Jersey with TFF Members

Tidgy's Dad

Nice report, tis always good to see several forum folk out hunting together. :)

Hope the fish prep out nicely, though with the prepper you've got on board, i'm optimistic. 

WhodamanHD

Beautiful fishies! Thanks for sharing:dinothumb:

Pagurus

I'm looking at your report and the photos and the wonderful fish and thinking I wish I could have been there and thinking it's a good thing I wasn't, and thinking I couldn't have climbed up to where I needed to be and I know I couldn't have done it but wished I could. Ahhh. I'm glad you all got together and made some terrific finds. Congrats. I'm looking forward to seeing the fish after Kris gets his paws on it.

Fossildude19
5 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

I'm looking at your report and the photos and the wonderful fish and thinking I wish I could have been there and thinking it's a good thing I wasn't, and thinking I couldn't have climbed up to where I needed to be and I know I couldn't have done it but wished I could. Ahhh. I'm glad you all got together and made some terrific finds. Congrats. I'm looking forward to seeing the fish after Kris gets his paws on it.

Mike, there are some lower levels exposed with no climbing.

It does take some effort to remove viable material from the cliff, though.

PaleoNoel

Great report! And congratulations on some nice finds. I hope they all prep out well. 

FossilNerd

Nice finds guys and even nicer company! I would love to see those fish after Kris works his magic.

Wonder what @Shamalama and @Paul1719 found?  :zzzzscratchchin:

Ludwigia

Looks like you need a good bit of determination and perseverance to hook some of those fishies. Good work!

Monica

Super cool stuff, guys!  Congrats on a successful Triassic fishing expedition!

caldigger

With all your blood, sweat and tears it's Kris that I actually feel for. 

All these comments are really putting the pressure on him to put on his top hat and and cape to work some magic. :unsure:

Hope he can satisfy the anticipated expectations.

Something tells me he will! 

RuMert

Interesting report and nice finds. Good to see some prominent TFFers in the field:thumbsu:

caldigger
On 3/14/2020 at 6:28 PM, Jeffrey P said:

And this strange guy: I dunno

Geepers, I always imagined you actually having a tiny little head like your avatar. :P

FOH

This is super cool! I never expected a site to be in such a commercialized area. Did you have to ask for permission? 

Jeffrey P
8 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Geepers, I always imagined you actually having a tiny little head like your avatar. :P

My avatar is from daughter. Probably how she sees me. 

Jeffrey P
4 minutes ago, FOH said:

This is super cool! I never expected a site to be in such a commercialized area. Did you have to ask for permission? 

When we used to collect on the other side of the outcrop that is facing a Lowes we used to get permission from the manager there. Then he left and his replacement told us we would have to get permission from corporate headquarters. That's when we started collecting on the other side facing the back of the shopping center. Never asked permission there. Security is aware we're there and has never interfered. By the way, there's a McDonald's and a Chinese restaurant just around the corner. This place is so opposite almost everywhere else I've been. 

minnbuckeye

Wonderful finds. I did not know where North Bergen was. Now that I know, the fossils are even MORE IMPRESSIVE! Your pictures look so "rural" but that myth was proved false with the help of google earth!! My wife has always wanted to visit New York City. Now I have potential reason to venture into a city, something I never feel comfortable with. 

Mike

frankh8147

Awesome finds!! Sorry I couldn't make it this year but hopefully next time. I'm glad to hear that spot is still so productive!

Hey Jeff, are you looking at prep for that first one or keeping it as is?