Unknown Florida fossils

PrehistoricWonders

Hello, I’m new to TFF and have a couple of fossils I wanted to know if anyone could ID.  

2BB32D40-F1F6-41C2-B7BA-6E12333A720B.jpeg

C00866F4-F66E-4AFF-BC9D-72EBBDE2D329.jpeg

I'm thinking that the first picture is a worn pufferfish mouthpart. Second may be a barracuda tooth if it is flat but I can't really tell from that picture.

• I found this Informative 2

• 3 months later...

Hey,

I was looking at that tooth with possible bite marks on it recently and was wondering what it was and if it is bite marks?

The backside view of the black piece reminds me a shard of mastodon enamel. The front side looks like a partial alligator tooth. The opposite side doesn't look right for either of those. Weird. The marks could be predation, scavengers, or maybe wear and tear. Gators (if it's a gator tooth, which it might not be) will bite a lot of stuff and those teeth do get damaged.

Agree with Marfijak, the first one looks like a puffer fish plate.

The suspected ivory could be a river-tumbled, broken fragment of dugong rib. Sometimes they have rings like that. Could be ivory, but my gut is saying dugong rib.

1 hour ago, Bone Daddy said:

The backside view of the black piece reminds me a shard of mastodon enamel. The front side looks like a partial alligator tooth. The opposite side doesn't look right for either of those. Weird. The marks could be predation, scavengers, or maybe wear and tear. Gators (if it's a gator tooth, which it might not be) will bite a lot of stuff and those teeth do get damaged.

Agree with Marfijak, the first one looks like a puffer fish plate.

The suspected ivory could be a river-tumbled, broken fragment of dugong rib. Sometimes they have rings like that. Could be ivory, but my gut is saying dugong rib.

Thank you for the response!!!