NJ Cretaceous ID Help

jerseygurl

Hello.  The following items remain in my "take it back to the lab to analyze" section of my findings.  I have not been able to id any by looking thru books and online references. It just may be that they are nothing but unique patterned rocks.  However, I do know I have at least one claw although I can't tell what it came from.  Any help is always very appreciated.  Did my best with the pics.. And thanks in advance.  

claw1.gif

claws.gif

claws2.gif

no_idea1.gif

no_idea2.gif

no_idea3.jpg

first one looks like an ungual bone. If cretaceous it is a significant fossil. the rest look like concretions to me. Google "ungual bone" and see what comes up.

• I found this Informative 3

Thank you!  I found (#1 top left the first picture) just this weekend.  Caught my eye as different from the normal stuff in the stream bars.

Remember stream finds can be from cretaceous to recent . 

:wacko: so also sometimes frustrating to ID

Mike

• I found this Informative 3

Deer hoof core on the far left. The others look like concretions to me.

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Is the bone on the far left in question mineralized?

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

I do not know any other way to check for mineralization other than the burn test. There is no odor that I can detect when I hold a match to it. if I can use any other tests... i am open to suggestions.  This is the first time I have found anything like this little guy. Be great if it was a fossil.  My finds pretty much consist of corals, teeth, and whatever interesting shapes catch my eye.  I recently found a bone tube bead.  Sometimes those shapes end up being more than just shapes.  

Oh and I have picked up some pretty gross bones that smell awful when I used the test. There is nothing like it. Yuck!