White Feather

With so many things closed down and all of us staying away from crowds, how are you spending your time? what are you working on you have been putting off?

List any suggestions and add pictures if you like to help other members. 

Since this is world wide please share, this is our link for information. Hope this post helps others. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/summary.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fsummary.html

I just restrung 4 rods and reels and cleaned out my tackle box and Fly Rods, I hope to head to Tampa Bay tomorrow to fish, city beaches are closed down. 

List to do while on lockdown.jpg

• I found this Informative 12

This is actually a really good list, I better get started then. I may be here for a while....

• I found this Informative 3

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

still going to work... about 1/2 time.  Tomorrow begins a fossil prep marathon.  It is too cold and snowy to go fossiling.  

• I found this Informative 7

I’m still working. My auto center is part of a grocery store so we are still open but after I get off I go straight home. Wich is exactly what I did before!:heartylaugh:

I've always been a hermit at heart so I’ve always stayed at home as much as possible. I like it at home all my good stuff is there! So if I do get quarantined in place for a week or a month. All it will mean is I’ll get to work more on organizing or prepping my fossils, or work on my plank on frame ship models, or play with my dog, or read my books, or veg out with on demand movies or..... heck it would take me a couple weeks just to scratch the surface of all I want to do! And now that I think about It I think I may have a wife here in the house somewhere. I might even see if she still recognizes me...

Nice Randyw!  Although, I have come to the conclusion that working for a living is highly overrated.  Retirement is definitely the way to go.  Many friends and family told me I could never retire - they viewed me as a workaholic. Little did they know that I had aspired to be a professional retiree from the age of 21.  Alas, after three careers, and I acknowledge the last one was short lived at just one year, I have now been unemployed for a glorious three years.  I have yet to get bored - fossil hunting keeps me active in both body and mind. Living in Florida certainly adds to the fun!

• I found this Informative 4

I work in the agriculture field.  Nothing has changed or even slowed down for us.

If we don't work, you don't eat! ;)

• I found this Informative 9

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

24 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I work in the agriculture field.  Nothing has changed or even slowed down for us.

If we don't work, you don't eat! ;)

Well then Doren, In that case i hope you're working overtime! :D

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

My wife and I are both still working full time. She is an RN at our local state hospital. She just recieved our County's first confirmed Covid-19 patient recently. As she put it - the world could literally be blowing up, and she still has to go to work. I don't know how much longer, my job will keep us working. There was some talk that it might only be till next week. I am still hoping to get in a good fossilhunt or maybe some fishing soon. I stocked up on tons of fly tying supplies over the past couple months but have barely sat down and tied any.

• I found this Informative 6

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

It so

1 hour ago, Randyw said:

veg out with on demand movies

Mrs R and I just watched 12 angry men and Night of the Hunter. I have to say Night of the Hunter has really creeped us out. Robert Mitchum’s makes Frankenstein look like a jovial character. Both films was  brilliant.

I don't think Australia will be shutting down anytime soon insomuch that two weeks off is foreseeable unless we personally get coronavirus or symptoms, so it's life as usual here :)

• I found this Informative 2

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Also Mrs R has been panic buying marvel comics, so we don’t run out of entertainment. I have 5 or 6 hulks so I am good. :) 

FD886FE2-9020-48B0-A6FB-A96628F7C0D9.jpeg

1.  Moved my office to my kitchen table.  Continuing to design parts for classic cars, hot rods and niche OEM vehicles.  I try to put in an honest day at home, having never worked from home before, but with remaining daylight and lunch hours I’ve been industrious.

2.  Dusted the entire house, even vaulted ceiling areas and entire fossil collection.  A horrible task.  Rather than lugging fossils outside for blasting and then wiping shelves, this time I pulled the compressor around the house and blasted fossils in place with this variable flow nozzle with a shop vac hose taped next to it to hopefully catch a lot of airborne dust.  Worked ok, pretty fast.  Still, I’m open to other suggestions on tackling this odious task.  Rinsed the furnace filter after.

3.  Still prepping fossils like a psycho, scribing on the driveway and blasting in the cabinet.

4.  Ordered a 450 watt bass amp and started busting out some really sloppy tones with my kid on the Rickenbacker 4003 as he’s off school for a while.

5.  Grilled some steaks

6.  Grocery shopping on rare occasion

7.  Taking a walk each night with my wife.

8.  Tag teaming squirrels in my back yard with my saber tooth cat, Longhorn, and our .22 pellet gun.  Got one the other night and my son and I enjoyed it pressure cooked with bacon, red onions, portobellos, chicken stock, sherry and heavy cream.  For his efforts as Distractor-in -Chief, Longhorn gets a new toy fashioned from the squirrel tail.

9.  Refletching crossbow bolts to get ready to help with a wild hog encroachment into my neighborhood, hopefully restocking my freezer.

10.  Collecting

11.  Weeded the yard

12.  Skipping the gym, but doing stretches, situps and push ups.  Planning to add a little dumbell action so as not to completely throw in the towel early.

12.  Keeping in touch with buddies around the US and world regarding the covid response/human toll.  I have family and close friends serving as doctors in military, private sector and university medicine.  Out of the 3, it seems that military medicine is a bit behind the other 2 in response including drive thru outdoor screening tents, protective gear for staff, etc.

13.  In summary I’m enjoying life a bit different than usual.  I’m not prone to hysterics and histrionics, so I’m trying to follow level headed recommendations to mitigate risk of infection for all.  At the same time, I’m trying to convince my wife that solo fossiling = equivalent isolation to being at home.  Will let y’all know how that goes.

02AA8ED9-8EA3-43CB-9284-169489477FAE.jpeg

4DF230E6-66B0-40AA-9189-547A026A51E9.jpeg

• I found this Informative 10

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Been out in the garage a bit more and cooked up a super delicious tri tip roast just last night.  Im not worried about me or the misses, my real concern is what is going to happen to the world economy?  

RB

My latest project.  A most beautiful 5 inch Mioplosus!

DSCN0568.JPG.f25f9ea9bcb3d8f2ed4c365a6983bb87.JPG

• I found this Informative 15

Finishing my first paleontology research paper - I'm hoping to soon be able to send it for publication :) 

• I found this Informative 13

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Been out in the garage a bit more and cooked up a super delicious tri tip roast just last night.  Im not worried about me or the misses, my real concern is what is going to happen to the world economy?  

RB

My latest project.  A most beautiful 5 inch Mioplosus!

DSCN0568.JPG.f25f9ea9bcb3d8f2ed4c365a6983bb87.JPG

Wow really nice!!

• I found this Informative 2

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Home officing, trying to keep the 3 kids and wife from getting at each other throat , a little bit of prepping , no sport at the moment since almost all my stuff is still at the office ( have to retrieve it some days ) , contemplating my backlog ( a full bookcase now) of unread books and salivating  .... I considered the concept of a fossil trip on sunday because the weather was gorgeous , but it was still a bit cold up there and the tides were against me , so no such luck .

Lot to do here in Italy:D

Morning following online lessons.

After lunch cleaning house or preparing garden for spring, getting ready to plant salads and tomatoes... 

Eventually reading books, getting lost in old topics of this forum, trying to create cool labels... 

"The baneful Dragons, O Seas, are gone: Fiends, 0 Earth, have filled thee with the bones of Defeat and Death."

A little bit of fun, that was inspired by the painted animals  sculptures that brighten up city streets world wide, like London’s elephants and Bath lions or with other creatures from Berlin to New York  and so on.  MrsR gave me one Christmas a garden yoda sculpture in resin.  It was plan grey but to nice to be in the garden  so we kept it in the bathroom. As we are spending a lot of time in doors I have been painting everything that does not move. We decided to funk up yoda. As you know we love an art project and came up with the idea of put some names in a hat of styles we could paint Yoda in ( Impressionism, marvel  comics, Elvis, flowers power, the dark side , David Bowie and Mr T) and first out of the hat was Elvis , I really wanted Mr T . So Yoda has left the building and I hope it makes you smile. 

FC5E1AC9-2B1A-452A-AF3D-E625EFD30652.jpeg

C6C43C7D-4C7A-469F-9108-E5241A2DBC08.jpeg

FFBEBD2C-BA77-4184-929F-A06E0F6BA9F5.jpeg
in our back bedroom looking funky 

7251F2F2-2916-464D-9FE3-F2EF0D830CD5.jpeg

• I found this Informative 13

I will have to say it is enjoyable to read how everyone is spending this time, Glad everyone is staying safe!! Prayers for the many that are not able to work during this event... Much prayer for all those that are working in Medical fields and 1st responders..

I went to Tampa Bay and fished.. no one close at all so was very safe, only thing I caught was Vitamin D and Fresh Air but I love being on the water. 

• I found this Informative 5

My life is pretty much unchanged (I’ve been a super hermit after moving to Wyoming) except that my son is out of school for at least 3 weeks and my husband is home for 28 straight days. I do as I have been doing: cleaning, reading, watching tv. 

Still going to work but being careful. Wife has lung problems so cant afford to bring stuff home, just money :P .

I'm catching up on reading I've put off for a long time. Working through my collection of Steven J. Gould now. This is a great time for virtual museum tours too.

We trying to make house as fun as we can. We not bothered about style , we just want to get as much enjoyment out of our space. Here is a TP holder I made out of a drawing aid and some rare as hens teeth paper. 

66B86C0E-0F67-4DEA-89AB-C1465BB971A7.jpeg

C9CE9C5B-E2F4-4F3A-97DA-0EAF0B7688CE.jpeg

• I found this Informative 12

I'm mainly teaching Tidgy tap-dancing.

(not dancing on the taps in the kitchen or the bathroom) 

This may take a while, but s'okay, I have quite a lot of free time just at the moment it seems. 

• I found this Informative 9

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

love the toilet paper holder!! I am posting How to be ready for disasters and making bug out bags on my social sites the ministry has a page. Nextdoor, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin. I am not on FB.:thumbsu: