White Feather

So sorry another was being so rude..these kind of events bring out how a person is. Keep being safe and catch fish next time. 

• I found this Informative 1

On 3/25/2020 at 9:57 AM, Darktooth said:

I just got back from collecting coprolites from the Backyard Formation, Late Holocene Period. I think I have gotten a positive ID on this one:

Canine crapstoomuchus

Here is a pic of what this creature may have looked like.

20181225_075811.jpg

:default_rofl:

• I found this Informative 5

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

:default_rofl:

I like your style, Spoons :tiphat:

• I found this Informative 3

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

14 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Apparently I was not the only one to have that idea

@Darktooth, I ran into a similar situation yesterday. Went to the Mississippi to launch my boat for a little "get away from everything" time. There was a minimum of 25 cars towing their boat waiting for access to the launch. I have never encountered this many at a launch before. Looking out at the river, boats were everywhere. This is NOT FOR ME and I turned around. So much for getting out in the fresh air. Should have fossil hunted instead!! 

Mike

They're a bit more serious about the "Stay at home lockdown" around here, which by the way is statewide.

I drive all day for my work and yesterday I saw any vehicles that were hauling a boat were being pulled over and I suspect getting ticketed. :o

• I found this Informative 4

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

They're a bit more serious about the "Stay at home lockdown" around here, which by the way is statewide.

I drive all day for my work and yesterday I saw any vehicles that were hauling a boat were being pulled over and I suspect getting ticketed. :o

My neighbor across the street, who is a professional landscaper, told me he was maintaining the decoration of our local sushi spot when a CHP (California Highway Patrol) officer gave him a cease and desist order to stop working.

Has anyone else seen this article regarding McDonald’s employees? Imagine whipping out your letter from Target in response.

Florida is also working hard to keep people at home. I wanted to drive to the beach but guess I will just plant vegetables and sit outside and pretend am at the beach. Stay safe everyone. We will get through this.

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

I drive all day for my work and yesterday I saw any vehicles that were hauling a boat were being pulled over

@caldigger, Minnesota's curfew actually started at midnight, so the influx of boats were a last ditch effort to enjoy the outdoors. With that said, the governor announced during the curfew that going outside to exercise would be fine to do IF a safe distance from other people is kept. The topic of fishing has not been directly addressed yet and may be a gray area if one chooses to try it now. I always have the trout stream that meanders threw my property if I get a big urge.  

Mike

4 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

@Darktooth, I ran into a similar situation yesterday. Went to the Mississippi to launch my boat for a little "get away from everything" time. There was a minimum of 25 cars towing their boat waiting for access to the launch. I have never encountered this many at a launch before. Looking out at the river, boats were everywhere. This is NOT FOR ME and I turned around. So much for getting out in the fresh air. Should have fossil hunted instead!! 

Mike

Recently I read an article that Washington State has banned all recreational fishing due to crowded boat launches and fishing hotspots! I swear I will lose my mind if that happens here in New York! Today I took a drive up to the Salmon River in Pulaski with my family. No fishing today, just needed to get outside and walk around. There were a few people fishing the most popular spots but I did not see any congregating. Most fishermen were away from the parking areas and away from each other. I was surprised to see the bait and tackle shops open as I don'.t think they are considered essential businesses. But fishing is a big way that this town earns money. Shut that down, and they will be in big trouble. I was also surprised to see kayakers out on the water as well. We did get to watch one lucky guy catch a steelhead.

• I found this Informative 2

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Dave, if the bait/ tackle shops sell snacks and other foods, that is a loophole that justifies them to stay open.

Any type of shop around here that sells food products is allowed to remain open, even "essential" donut shops, you just can't eat in the store.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

4 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Dave, if the bait/ tackle shops sell snacks and other foods, that is a loophole that justifies them to stay open.

Any type of shop around here that sells food products is allowed to remain open, even "essential" donut shops, you just can't eat in the store.

Aaahhh, that explains it. Mind you I wasn't complaining as i am a fisherman who still needs to get supplies,  i just thought it was odd.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Well for the last two days I have been pulling weeds (and cat coprolites) from my flower beds, adding more soil, fertilizer, mulch and water.   Also I cut the weeds, I mean grass in my back yard.  Then I spent about 20 minutes whining to my wife about the amount of weeds this year - like she cares.....  I am almost finished with the back yard, I still have more weeding to do, then edging and then I can start on the front...……..oh goodie.   You asked......

50 minutes ago, Ruger9a said:

Well for the last two days I have been pulling weeds (and cat coprolites) from my flower beds, adding more soil, fertilizer, mulch and water.   Also I cut the weeds, I mean grass in my back yard.  Then I spent about 20 minutes whining to my wife about the amount of weeds this year - like she cares.....  I am almost finished with the back yard, I still have more weeding to do, then edging and then I can start on the front...……..oh goodie.   You asked......

Great! And when you finish with the front, you can restart on the backyard again.

An endless/ merciless grueling cycle that continues until that white stuff falls from the sky again. :blink:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

7 hours ago, caldigger said:

"essential" donut shops

I had to make an emergency run (drive-thru, actually) to the donut shop to satisfy my wife's coffee addiction. Two bags of unground original blend. That should last us a couple of days, I hope.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

I try to run a little every two days but we have to stay less than a kilometer from home, I made myself a circuit of 500 m radius that I do several times.

Between these two days, I wanted once to walk on a circuit a little shortened so as not to exceed the 1 hour time allowed per day, and also to ride a bike (one day I run, one day I walk, one day I run, one day I pedal etc.). But bike is forbidden except to go to work and I can no longer work. So yesterday I started building a bike home trainer ... in my garage.

HomeTrainer-1.jpg.dca0327e956e6e74dfd156cbbf15499f.jpg

HomeTrainer-2.jpg.3c0b96b545241d1557d58fe362afabc3.jpg

All I have to do is add the belt (an old perforated inner tube), a washer to prevent it from slipping, and screw the rolls !

Physical sport yes, but intellectual sport too ! ;)

Coco

• I found this Informative 8

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thanks John !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

23 minutes ago, Coco said:

Between these two days, I wanted once to walk on a circuit a little shortened so as not to exceed the 1 hour time allowed per day, and also to ride a bike (one day I run, one day I walk, one day I run, one day I pedal etc.). But bike is forbidden except to go to work and I can no longer work. So yesterday I started building a bike home trainer ... in my garage.

Wow great idea and I hope you get it work. :dinothumb:

It’s getting harder to move around in the UK without good reason but you are still allowed to go for one walk a day.

We are quite lucky as we have a lot of fields near us so we can avoid seeing many people. Here’s what we found today on our walk. I’m going to put it above the shed door so I can feel like a cowboy.

3B3B6C09-18B7-45F3-A49F-F09C2C13DAFA.thumb.jpeg.1ab239a413c8df1654005489023097ce.jpeg

The trunk of my car has been a disaster of loose tools, equipment, rocks, dirt, and trash. This weekend has been dedicated to cleaning up that mess. Normally I'd be out collecting, thus adding to this mess. So far this has been a welcome respite to get projects like this completed. During the week I've been busy working from home. Watched some fossil collecting videos on YouTube yesterday. Boy, the quality really varies. Also reading and watching "Raging Bull" for the umpteen time and taking daily walks in the neighborhood. Unfortunately all of the bedrock around here is metamorphic though I always have my eye peeled for glacial material. Haven't seen any around here yet. 

• I found this Informative 4

Ingenious, @Coco! I just showed this to the missus who thinks this is brilliant (and much cheaper than buying a stationary bike).

Bravo!

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

On 3/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, Bobby Rico said:

We trying to make house as fun as we can. We not bothered about style , we just want to get as much enjoyment out of our space. Here is a TP holder I made out of a drawing aid and some rare as hens teeth paper. 

66B86C0E-0F67-4DEA-89AB-C1465BB971A7.jpeg

C9CE9C5B-E2F4-4F3A-97DA-0EAF0B7688CE.jpeg

That is totally awesome! Love it. 

7 hours ago, Coco said:
I try to run a little every two days but we have to stay less than a kilometer from home, I made myself a circuit of 500 m radius that I do several times.

HomeTrainer-1.jpg.dca0327e956e6e74dfd156cbbf15499f.jpg

HomeTrainer-2.jpg.3c0b96b545241d1557d58fe362afabc3.jpg

All I have to do is add the belt (an old perforated inner tube), a washer to prevent it from slipping, and screw the rolls !

Physical sport yes, but intellectual sport too ! ;)

Coco

Now there's some creative problem-solving. Congratulations Coco.

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey P said:

Raging Bull

What a powerful film this is a masterpiece in film history. I watched last night ‘ in the heat of the night’ a classic too. Glad you liked our TP holder. Cheers Bobby