What is paradoublural?

NIKUNIKU

It does refer to a morphological feature of certain trilobites. I have seen the term used in scientific publications, but I’m not familiar enough with their morphology to accurately describe it. 

Maybe one of our trilobite gurus could shed some light. @piranha @Kane

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Henningsmoen, G. 1960. The Middle Ordovician of the Oslo Region, Norway. 13. Trilobites of the Family Asaphidae. Norsk Geologisk Tidsskrift, 40:203-258  PDF LINK

"The terms paradoublural line and band furrow are new. The paradoublural line is a line on the dorsal test and lies directly above the inner margin of the doublure, with which it is conformable. It may be developed as a furrow, a more or less step-like flexure, or as a faint ridge. When present, it is usually better developed in the free cheeks (text fig. 5) and pygidium (pl. 2, fig. 6)."

In this example the paradoublural line occupies the same relative position of the border furrows:

image.thumb.png.f46f5919c1b044fea6f89d25051d28f3.png

• I found this Informative 10

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png