AmazoniteJosh

I got to Purse a couple hours before low tide and got a good 5 and a half hours of searching. Managed to scrounge together over 1,000 teeth, most of them pretty small, a new personal best. I didn't find anything of significant size, but a handful of oddities/rarities. One such oddity was what looks like a Carcharhinus (Gray/Dusky Shark) of some sort. Perhaps some folks came to Purse following a hunt at Westmoreland or some other place and a tooth slipped out of their bag. This is a first for me. 

I found a worn down palaeocarcharodon with some nice dark blue coloration, some crocodile teeth, among other things. I found a neat little fossil of some sort that I can't identify, it's about 0.8 mm in diameter.

https://imgur.com/gallery/d0qdUxU

• I found this Informative 1

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on a good hunt. Could you please post pics directly to your thread. Most forum members do not wish to click on links that take us off this site to some other unknown site. Thank -you 

Dave

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Posting pictures here for posterity. 
Also, 3rd party links eventually go bad, and we are left with no pictures, rendering posts useless. :( 

3WJCnrG.jpg  Yaoen5B.jpg

xMkvvh4.jpg  Nri5SQe.jpg

5NV9Rii.jpg  xVUcpzz.jpg

iar3AZx.jpg  j7luFuU.jpg

IgifFh0.jpg

qEi91da.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

If you're referring to this being your unknown fossil, I'd say that it's a ray dermal denticle:

3WJCnrG.jpg

Congrats on a successful hunt!

• I found this Informative 3

3 hours ago, AmazoniteJosh said:

I got to Purse a couple hours before low tide and got a good 5 and a half hours of searching. Managed to scrounge together over 1,000 teeth, most of them pretty small, a new personal best. I didn't find anything of significant size, but a handful of oddities/rarities. One such oddity was what looks like a Carcharhinus (Gray/Dusky Shark) of some sort. Perhaps some folks came to Purse following a hunt at Westmoreland or some other place and a tooth slipped out of their bag. This is a first for me. 

I found a worn down palaeocarcharodon with some nice dark blue coloration, some crocodile teeth, among other things. I found a neat little fossil of some sort that I can't identify, it's about 0.8 mm in diameter.

https://imgur.com/gallery/d0qdUxU

This is a site that gets corrupted by dropped or discarded teeth from other places due to the many people that hunt there. An example would be parents who spread small teeth to insure a successful hunt for their children.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 12.12.00 AM.png

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

This is a site that gets corrupted by dropped or discarded teeth from other places due to the many people that hunt there. An example would be parents who spread small teeth to insure a successful hunt for their children.

Ah, that makes sense, didn't think of that. Funny thing is, Purse is probably one of the easiest possible places for people to find teeth, once they have a general idea. Seeding seems pretty unnecessary. 

I'll make sure to host images here next time. Thanks, @Fossildude19