Air abrasive system

Notidanodon

Sheppey nodules are tough.  The outer yellow layer comes off nicely but then you get into the unweathered part of the nodule  and it gets very hard.  I did some many years ago and I htink I used both bicarb and dolomite.  For the crabs, a microscope is a necessity.  

• I found this Informative 1

12 hours ago, jpc said:

Sheppey nodules are tough.  The outer yellow layer comes off nicely but then you get into the unweathered part of the nodule  and it gets very hard.  I did some many years ago and I htink I used both bicarb and dolomite.  For the crabs, a microscope is a necessity.  

It highly depends I have prepped many with hand tools some have pyrite but I am not prepping deep nodules so the pyrite shouldn’t reach the surface of the shell :fingerscrossed:

ok so i think im sorted, im doing this outside on a work bench

i think i will use the oil-free orazi 24 L compressor

Power: 800W
Frequency: 50Hz
Voltage: 220V
Speed: 1400rpm
Tank Capacity : 24L
Noise level :67db
Working Pressure :8BAR/ 116psi
Air Supply: 95L/Min/3.35cfm
Exhaust volume:76L/Min/2.6cfm
CE Approved.
Dimensions:605×310×605mm
Net weight:18kg
Connection size: 1/4" BSP
Suitable hose:5*8MM
Start instantaneous power: 1650W.

with the fossil shack air abrasive system and using a full face mask, i think then i should be sorted for around $500, any tips welcome

You need to order the green "medium" tip for the air abrasive unit.  It makes a huge difference in both how much pressure you need and how much media you use.  I'm sure if you contact them before that they can include it in your order to that it gets shipped with the unit.  You wont want to pay the shipping to order that tiny little thing by itself.

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

7 hours ago, hadrosauridae said:

You need to order the green "medium" tip for the air abrasive unit.  It makes a huge difference in both how much pressure you need and how much media you use.  I'm sure if you contact them before that they can include it in your order to that it gets shipped with the unit.  You wont want to pay the shipping to order that tiny little thing by itself.

Ok thanks I’ll talk to fossilshack