What is this I’m very curious

Alex497

Hey I was curious as to what this object I found while making a fence on my piece of land that I just bought in Southern California is. I’m not a fossil guy in fact I just created this account because I found this forum on google while researching about getting a fossil I’d.

F134FBCC-72AB-40DB-A45E-F10B0F97F96B.jpeg

It does seem to represent embryonic development, but I agree that something isn't quite right about it.

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Very interesting find. 

While it superficially resembles a dinosaur embryo in an egg, it is morphologically inaccurate.

The "egg" shell looks too thick, the bones look too robust, and there is very little detail on the "feet" and "arms". 

My suspicion is that this is a man made model, ... either sculpted, cast, or 3-D printed. 

Unfortunately, people are odd, and like to try to fool or prank others. It could have been placed where you found it to make the prank more believable.

Close ups of the item, including pictures of the outside of the "egg", and of both halves together, from all angles could help to solve this mystery. 

• I found this Informative 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Looks too good to be true. Also looks like the Alien from the movies. What part of So Cal? Knowing context helps with ID.

34 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

My suspicion is that this is a man made model, ... either sculpted, cast, or 3-D printed. 

I was thinking some sort of children’s toy. Maybe left outside while playing? Just a guess. 

Definitely not a fossil egg.   

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

51 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

I was thinking some sort of children’s toy. Maybe left outside while playing? Just a guess. 

Definitely not a fossil egg.   

Exact.

You can easily see that it has been poured...