The Amateur Paleontologist

Could someone help me find PDFs of scientific papers about mammal fossils from the Campanian-Maastrichtian of North America? I'm specifically interested in papers that deal with mammal faunas from the Hell Creek Formation, the Lance Formation and the Dinosaur Park Formation...

Thanks for any help :)

Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Thanks @Troodon I'll take a look at them :)

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

10 hours ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Could someone help me find PDFs of scientific papers about mammal fossils from the Campanian-Maastrichtian of North America? I'm specifically interested in papers that deal with mammal faunas from the Hell Creek Formation, the Lance Formation and the Dinosaur Park Formation...

Christian

Christian,

You want to start looking for related papers by William Clemens and then look for papers by his co-authors.  You might want to get some of his early papers to familiarize yourself with the history of the research.  You should try contacting any of those authors still publishing directly.  You'd be surprised how many researchers there are who are happy to send PDF's of their work.  In the old days researchers sent out reprints (print-outs of their papers) by snail mail.

There is an old volume titled, "Mesozoic Mammals: The First Two-thirds of Mammalian History" from 1979.  I don't know if that's available as a PDF but you need to read that.  You might find it cheap somewhere.  You might find it in a university library with a decent paleo section.

Jess

• I found this Informative 1

29 minutes ago, siteseer said:

You should try contacting any of those authors still publishing directly.  You'd be surprised how many researchers there are who are happy to send PDF's of their work.

Trust me, that's a strategy I routinely use ;) I'm just new to the field of Cretaceous mammals, so I didn't even know which authors to contact...

Thanks for the various suggestions!

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

15 hours ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Christian

Here’s one about the Dinosaur Park Formation mammals.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/285717409_Patterns_of_Distribution_of_Mammals_in_the_Dinosaur_Park_Formation_and_the_Paleobiological_Significance

• I found this Informative 1