Footprint maybe?

RetiredLawyer

Found this not far from the other footprints. This is sandstone. I can’t really tell for sure. 

F514DB84-55B4-4157-9DC5-E186B1DD8EFD.jpeg

9B1A742B-FE5B-48F4-996E-07D1D3BE9B0A.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

I don't think it's a footprint. 

This looks like water/wind/sand erosion to me.  Wait for a few more opinions, though.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Yeah, I have gone back and forth on it a hundred times. I’ll be curious to see what anyone else thinks. 

The fact that it seems to follow the contour of the entire rock that gives me doubt.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

• 3 months later...
On 29/03/2020 at 12:29 AM, Fossildude19 said:

I don't think it's a footprint. 

This looks like water/wind/sand erosion to me.  Wait for a few more opinions, though.

I'm with you on this. Not likely a footprint. Sorry. Keep searching.  

I’ve got the guy from the dinosaur museum coming out to look at the other footprints I’ve found, I’m sure he can give me a definite yes or no. Still cool even if it’s just erosion. 

8 minutes ago, RetiredLawyer said:

I’ve got the guy from the dinosaur museum coming out to look at the other footprints I’ve found, I’m sure he can give me a definite yes or no. Still cool even if it’s just erosion. 

Is the person Doug Wolfe who has a dino museum in Springerville?

https://www.whitemountaindino.com/

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

That’s him. I told him he could have some of footprints for the museum. Be nice if other folks can enjoy them rather than sitting in my yard. 

• I found this Informative 3

2 minutes ago, RetiredLawyer said:

That’s him. I told him he could have some of footprints for the museum. Be nice if other folks can enjoy them rather than sitting in my yard. 

Thank you for reaching out to Doug and offering some fossils for his museum. If you are interested in going on fossil trips near Payson I was planning on leading a trip (subject to Covid) in September if things calm down through the Southwest Paleontological Society (SPS). SPS works with Doug in his paleontology projects. http://swpaleosociety.com/

• I found this Informative 2

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.