Another Coprolite Quandary: Is this bone imprint diagnostic?

GeschWhat

While playing with my poo (the fossilized version), I noticed this imprint. It is adjacent to a bone fragment. I'm assuming it is the imprint of a piece that broke away from the bone inclusion. It looks a bit unusual/ornamental, but I am hoping it is recognizable to one of you brilliant bone folks. This is from the Oligocene, Brule Formation, South Dakota. 

@Carl

Carnivore-Coprolite-End-Imprint-Location.jpg

I make no claim to brilliance, but doesn't  it resemble the hair tubes that I tried to call bone just a little ?

7 hours ago, Rockwood said:

I make no claim to brilliance, but doesn't  it resemble the hair tubes that I tried to call bone just a little ?

Hmmm...except for the pattern.  Early hair plugs?  :zzzzscratchchin:   

:DOH: Ugh! I just tried to use Play Doh to make a cast - big mistake. Now it has to soak. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 9:34 PM, GeschWhat said:

While playing with my poo (the fossilized version), I noticed this imprint. It is adjacent to a bone fragment. I'm assuming it is the imprint of a piece that broke away from the bone inclusion. It looks a bit unusual/ornamental, but I am hoping it is recognizable to one of you brilliant bone folks. This is from the Oligocene, Brule Formation, South Dakota. 

@Carl

Carnivore-Coprolite-End-Imprint-Location.jpg

Wow... Definitely something interesting but it's triggering no recognition here.