Possibly Predator

Shellseeker

Stuck home,  sorting hundreds of ziplock bags from last year. WOW, how did I forget these.  A toebone that I think is predator and if so, a robust predator --- This is a toebone, think of the size of yours.

IMG_3365Predatortoe.thumb.jpg.24e4d651e734fd7a494c82b44bb152a0.jpgIMG_3368predatortoe.thumb.jpg.b48389f6489eb1c7117f3138fa4fb65c.jpgPredatorToe.jpg.c6a61f13d6af3516b5c8d8ae30e31efc.jpg

and in the same Ziplock, a jaw segment. As far as I can tell the width of the Jaw around the alveoli is unbroken. Who recognizes this m2-m3?

IMG_3344JawSegment.thumb.jpg.ec7b6481a193f7fe04cc1be4ca80e779.jpgIMG_3348JawSegment.jpg.a0c4580c41ce236594065a222b170bc4.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Jack, you're not going out? Is your county on lockdown?

I've been playing around in Zolfo and there is still plenty of activity in and near the river.

1 hour ago, Sacha said:

Jack, you're not going out? Is your county on lockdown?

I've been playing around in Zolfo and there is still plenty of activity in and near the river.

I have not been out since Wednesday for multiple reasons: I am attempting to placate my wife because 1) I have "stored" hundreds of ziplocks from last year on a side porch and she is getting more insistent about cleaning it up; she does not believe that I am serious enough about self_quarantine; the governor has issued a stay at home order for anyone over 65 with secondary conditions and I qualify; and my normal hunting partners are skittish. We picked up our 1st 2 cases on my island on Thursday.

Going out today to a location that is extremely isolated. I will be amazed if I see any other person. I heard that Fort Meade Park is closed to parking .  What is the status of Zolfo Pioneer Park?

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

1 hour ago, Shellseeker said:

What is the status of Zolfo Pioneer Park?

Business as usual.

@Harry Pristis

Harry, I no longer believe this bone is cat.  In this thread,

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/79320-pleistocene-toe-bone/

I found another of your excellent photos. The metapodial on the right , although smaller, seems to be a pretty close match. Do you think my bone could be  H. septentrionalis metapodial?

image.png.1e467d9dfe4b87d26c328c9dd291bf54.png